NUFC - November/December

It’s an unfortunate thing the level of spite between rival fans. The focus should be on supporting own teams not maligning others.
Most Newcastle fans I know are indifferent and somewhat sympathetic towards the state of Sunderland. Only a minority want to see their nearest rivals destroyed.

Bullsit like, i haven’t met one Mag with an ounce of sympathy, most of us if not all want you to suffer badly.its called bitter rivalry, however most will admit to missing the derby, yes yous have had the upper hand recently but there’s no better feeling than waking up to derby day whatever the circumstances.hope that comes across in most of our fans base.

Sunderland fans only have our misgivings about Bruce to create a discussion in their favour on here. And even that double edged. The better Bruce does the further the gap between the two clubs grow. And its a massive gap.

Sunderland fans only have our misgivings about Bruce to create a discussion in their favour on here. And even that double edged. The better Bruce does the further the gap between the two clubs grow. And its a massive gap.
Probably correct.

Look at the clip of this! Never mind the shirt, wtf is going on with his hair!

Trying to figure out if it’s @Benjamin or @Fitzgerald

I’m going to say Benji
Bruce is the saviour after beating Bournemouth and hanging on against a shit West Ham team after being 3-0 up.

He was useless a few weeks ago you sad ****.

Last edited:
In his full seasons we finished;
2nd tier champions
1st tier 10th,
1st tier 13th.

Your version of "utter shit" is fascinating to me.

He did a reasonable job but nothing to validate the adulation he gets from many Mag fans.

I think Bruce will be equally efficient but will not get anywhere near the same credit Rafa did.

He did a reasonable job but nothing to validate the adulation he gets from many Mag fans.

I think Bruce will be equally efficient but will not get anywhere near the same credit Rafa did.

Look, Benitez is clearly, clearly an excellent manager and definitely a tier above anyone we're likely to enjoy for a while. We could see that, and knew that if Ashley had allowed Benitez to build the club into the version of the club he envisioned, Benitez would had the ability to deliver on that promise. Some fans may have gone OTT on social media with their slavish devotion to him, but there's plenty of dickheads around.

What this comes down to is that some on this board truly subscribe to: Newcastle fans rate a player/manager/owner therefore he is overrated. Newcastle fans don't rate a player/manager/owner therefore he is underrated.

fwiw I don't think Bruce is half the manager Benitez is and 12 games isn't enough to change my mind. Especially when we've seen some truly abject performances already

Last edited:
It’s an unfortunate thing the level of spite between rival fans. The focus should be on supporting own teams not maligning others.
Most Newcastle fans I know are indifferent and somewhat sympathetic towards the state of Sunderland. Only a minority want to see their nearest rivals destroyed.

Sorry but I don't believe that for a second.

Sorry but I don't believe that for a second.
Half and half for me. I don't want you to go out of business, I don't want the club staff to lose their jobs because of cost cutting, I don't want to see a North East football club go to the wall. But I do have a chuckle when I see you've lost to Shrewsbury or Leicester U21s.

Your results don't make or ruin my weekend, they don't even act as a balm when Newcastle lose.

A lot of my schadenfreude comes from the reactions on here, to be honest.

Half and half for me. I don't want you to go out of business, I don't want the club staff to lose their jobs because of cost cutting, I don't want to see a North East football club go to the wall. But I do have a chuckle when I see you've lost to Shrewsbury or Leicester U21s.

Your results don't make or ruin my weekend, they don't even act as a balm when Newcastle lose.

A lot of my schadenfreude comes from the reactions on here, to be honest.

Don't come on here then. Everything solved. I just couldnt imagine going on a Mag board and getting all riled up all the time.

Enjoyed his football did you?
Yeah, but I'm a football nerd. I enjoyed watching the tweaks he made to frustrate better teams. I understand some didn't enjoy watching us, but it was effective and I don't doubt had he stayed longer and built upon the defensive foundations with some more attacking quality the football would have been a little more expansive.

There used to be a stereotype that Newcastle fans would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0. Reckon the masses singing Benitez' name after he oversaw another ground out result disproved that myth.

Yeah, but I'm a football nerd. I enjoyed watching the tweaks he made to frustrate better teams. I understand some didn't enjoy watching us, but it was effective and I don't doubt had he stayed longer and built upon the defensive foundations with some more attacking quality the football would have been a little more expansive.

There used to be a stereotype that Newcastle fans would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0. Reckon the masses singing Benitez' name after he oversaw another ground out result disproved that myth.

How about having more than twice the points you had last season? Does that appeal to your football nerdism?

How about having more than twice the points you had last season? Does that appeal to your football nerdism?
It appeals to the visceral side of being a football fan, but the manner of the losses and draws (and even the win against West Ham) makes the foobtall nerd in me nervous for the rest of the season.

Back