Nowt happening again

Status
Not open for further replies.
why not? if he spends small amount of money, intelligently, on the right players in the right positions with the right attributes (as we should be doing anyway) then club is more likely to be promoted and therefore a better investment.

if you put your house up for sale, but the boiler is knackered or it doesn't have double glazed windows, plenty people would get that work done to make the house more sell-able. and you get the benefit of a new boiler and windows whilst you live there waiting for it to sell

are you suggesting that if no one comes in to buy the club over the next few years, then he shouldn't spend a single penny on it in the meantime?

another backwards SAFC philosophy to add to the library
No, but I can see why he won't spend. If he spends money now, we might get promoted, then the value will go up, however, if we don't, it's money wasted that he won't get back. So, he thinks the fans want him out, but they want him to spend lots of money first then sell the club cheap so that we have new owners! I can't see him doing any of that.

No, but I can see why he won't spend. If he spends money now, we might get promoted, then the value will go up, however, if we don't, it's money wasted that he won't get back. So, he thinks the fans want him out, but they want him to spend lots of money first then sell the club cheap so that we have new owners! I can't see him doing any of that.

My interpretation is that he should spend some of the Americans loan. That's what it's there for. If he's refusing to do what he originally planned with the cash then it's out of petty spite. nothing less. 5 or 6 new signings, some impetus and we can get promoted. And far more importantly for Donald, he could make the profit he's here for.

My interpretation is that he should spend some of the Americans loan. That's what it's there for. If he's refusing to do what he originally planned with the cash then it's out of petty spite. nothing less. 5 or 6 new signings, some impetus and we can get promoted. And far more importantly for Donald, he could make the profit he's here for.
The loan was not for spending on players. Also, it is secured directly to his assets, so is his loan. Therefore, he has to pay it back when he sells. It wouldn't surprise me if he paid it straight back before selling the club rather than use it and have to pay it back.

The loan was not for spending on players. Also, it is secured directly to his assets, so is his loan. Therefore, he has to pay it back when he sells. It wouldn't surprise me if he paid it straight back before selling the club rather than use it and have to pay it back.
See "club statement" " sufficient funds" for team strengthening, hm! Be careful what you ask for! It sounds like he is doing what I thought he would do.

So are you saying Donald has told more porkies during his latest interview with local BBC radio?

I'm not staying you are wrong btw... we'll be disappointed with the owner's actions, despite his promises yet again!
If you listen to that interview he clearly stated that the club would be making signings towards the end of the window

Who did you expect by 6th January ? 🙄

We should have had a list of targets ready well before the window opened, could even talk to the clubs about availability for this window.
No reason to have a deal done in principal before the window opens.
Then just crack on getting the deals signed and stamped first working day back in Jan.

Or you could run the club adhoc hoping a cheap bargain will be offered before the end of Jan.........

Has there been much movement in this division yet? Only ones I know are Bolton signed 3 and Peterborough signed 2, including a lad who cost them 500k.

We should have had a list of targets ready well before the window opened, could even talk to the clubs about availability for this window.
No reason to have a deal done in principal before the window opens.
Then just crack on getting the deals signed and stamped first working day back in Jan.

Or you could run the club adhoc hoping a cheap bargain will be offered before the end of Jan.........
That's what will happen SD has lost interest and the latest snipe from ALS will just antagonise him to do fuck all

Any potential targets will be hedging their bets to see if a better offer comes along.
I don't expect any action until the last couple of days of the window.

Can you point to an interview/podcast or press quote where he said that ? I know he said he felt the club were better prepared but don’t recall him indicating we had two players sorted and deals agreed prior to the window opening.

Nick Barnes said it after he spoke to him on the radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back