Nowt happening again

We've been told repeatedly that they were well prepared for January. Targets in place, didn't someone at the club say they had 2 players lined up?

I cant stand Donald but I still think he is incapable of messing this pivotal window up, particularly with £9million loan in place and the thought that a championship club would make him a significantly bigger profit than a League 1 club. His petty hatred of Sunderland supporters wouldn't be as important as him making a profit, surely...
Hatred of Sunderland supporters? I hope he doesn’t hate us otherwise he could choose to sell the club to people that make him look like Sheikh Mansour.

I have learnt never to hold my breath when it comes to the January transfer window. Other than the Roy Keane one it's always a total anti-climax. Paying vastly inflated sums for very average or unwanted players

I have learnt never to hold my breath when it comes to the January transfer window. Other than the Roy Keane one it's always a total anti-climax. Paying vastly inflated sums for very average or unwanted players

Great sir Alex Ferguson said never buy in January

BSA said never buy a player if he's had a good tournament ( World Cup etc )

Am I missing something? Who's said that nothing is happening? We may have dozens of ongoing discussions in place at the minute..

Or are we just assuming that because nothing has been posted on here that everyone's just kicking it back in the offices at SAFC?

Usually what happens is that we do nowt for the first 20 days, then as the window deadline approaches, the scattergun comes out and we start bidding on any fucker.

Am I missing something? Who's said that nothing is happening? We may have dozens of ongoing discussions in place at the minute..

Or are we just assuming that because nothing has been posted on here that everyone's just kicking it back in the offices at SAFC?

I think the assumption came from months of assertions that we just “need to get to January” to fix everything. This month was built up by the owners, Donald was adamant about how well prepared they were. Then as it got closer, they attempted to dampen expectations and now that we’re 8 days in, 2 have left but there’s been no signings..

I do look at McGeehan, Andelukan, Henneghan etc going elsewhere in the division (to teams below us) and think they would all improve us in areas we need improving. I do find it a little disappointing but still hope we can bring in players to improve us - hopefully sooner rather than later.
Look at the person doing the deals and finances! Richard Hill will be trying to deals and paying them penny’s! God knows how many deals we’ve lost due to trying to under cut other teams

We have our targets lined up, ready to go in January. Aye right.
I know it's early but hasn't stopped likes of Bolton, Peterborough and Portsmouth bring players in. They obviously did actually have targets lined up, instead of the waffle we were told.
Aye, the window's opening isn't when you can start contacting clubs and negotiating deals. In theory there's no reason why we couldn't have had a host of players ready to sign on the dotted line as soon as they'd finished singing Auld Lang Syne.

Back