Nowt happening again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Things have changed since then, SD wants out and there's no chance he'll commit a penny in January. He's probably not even around to deal with anything up here !

I don’t think anything will have changed on that front. I don’t imagine we were ever spending much anyway

But but Conald said we have two deals agreed....

Can you point to an interview/podcast or press quote where he said that ? I know he said he felt the club were better prepared but don’t recall him indicating we had two players sorted and deals agreed prior to the window opening.

I know it can be a bit of a cop out for managers to say this, but January is always difficult because teams are wary of letting players go before replacing them.
Plus players and agents are holding out for the best move possible

Aye, they've only had the whole of December to talk to clubs and agents and get things sorted in advance of Jan 1st.
You honestly think SD spent all December thinking about players for Sunderland ? I think No.1 was more important what was happening to him personally !

So, some supporters and fanzines, start a campaign for the owner to leave the club. He owns it, so cannot just resign or give it away. Now, some expect him to spend money on players before selling the club, money that he won't get back.
I can't see this happening myself, but I could be wrong.

So, some supporters and fanzines, start a campaign for the owner to leave the club. He owns it, so cannot just resign or give it away. Now, some expect him to spend money on players before selling the club, money that he won't get back.
I can't see this happening myself, but I could be wrong.

speculate to accumulate.

also, he needs to stop being such a f***ing fanny. so the fans showed their anger at us being at our lowest ever point in 140 years, whilst heading downwards, and he throws the toys out of the pram? doesn't sound like a very good character to me. where is his resilience and determination? if he is as good as he thinks he is, then stop f***ing whining and get on with the job at hand i.e getting us out of this league.

he is typical of SAFC; the first sign of anything being slightly difficult and he throws the towel in. what a soft twat.

Reactions: BUC
speculate to accumulate.

also, he needs to stop being such a f***ing fanny. so the fans showed their anger at us being at our lowest ever point in 140 years, whilst heading downwards, and he throws the toys out of the pram? doesn't sound like a very good character to me. where is his resilience and determination? if he is as good as he thinks he is, then stop f***ing whining and get on with the job at hand i.e getting us out of this league.

he is typical of SAFC; the first sign of anything being slightly difficult and he throws the towel in. what a soft twat.
I suspect he won't be putting money into it because he is not guaranteed any return.

that would apply to any football club owner, at any level, at any time of their ownership
It could, but he has it up for sale, if he spends now and sells in February, that money is gone. He won't just be adding it into the price! Why should he spend if he is not staying? Unless he spends and doesn't intend selling until after the season ends and is gambling on getting promoted.

It could, but he has it up for sale, if he spends now and sells in February, that money is gone. He won't just be adding it into the price! Why should he spend if he is not staying? Unless he spends and doesn't intend selling until after the season ends and is gambling on getting promoted.

why not? if he spends small amount of money, intelligently, on the right players in the right positions with the right attributes (as we should be doing anyway) then club is more likely to be promoted and therefore a better investment.

if you put your house up for sale, but the boiler is knackered or it doesn't have double glazed windows, plenty people would get that work done to make the house more sell-able. and you get the benefit of a new boiler and windows whilst you live there waiting for it to sell

are you suggesting that if no one comes in to buy the club over the next few years, then he shouldn't spend a single penny on it in the meantime?

another backwards SAFC philosophy to add to the library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back