Nowt happening again

You'd think they'd have an ongoing shortlist that is updated on a regular basis. I know we have a relatively new manager, but player acquisition should surely be a key priority at all times, you'd think he'd be meeting with the recruitment team on a weekly basis to discuss and agree targets.

I've said the same for years. Another example of our utter incompetence at all levels. If it was my club)

1) manager decides on a system that he wants to play.
2) coaches at all levels and scouts are briefed and brought into the 'philosophy'
3) scouts continually identify realistic targets that fit the system and have the required attributes that have been pre discussed. Manager identifies weak spots in the squad and uses scouts lists to pick the actaul targets
4) in the run up to window opening, club commercial team and board decide on budget and priorities based on what we can afford, and agree internally what s acceptable to pay for each player
5) transfer window opens, club act decisively and swiftly to approach targets. Once one doesn't bite, we move to next one so on and so forth.

I'd be amazed if our club even know the transfer window is open

I've said the same for years. Another example of our utter incompetence at all levels. If it was my club)

2) coaches at all levels and scouts are briefed and brought into the 'philosophy'
3) scouts continually identify realistic targets that fit the system and have the required attributes that have been pre discussed. Manager identifies weak spots in the squad and uses scouts lists to pick the actaul targets
4) in the run up to window opening, club commercial team and board decide on budget and priorities based on what we can afford, and agree internally what s acceptable to pay for each player
5) transfer window opens, club act decisively and swiftly to approach targets. Once one doesn't bite, we move to next one so on and so forth.

Fully agree mate, good points.
I'm with the OP on this one. Just settling down to see it unfold. Glass half full.

Nice.

Last edited:
We’ve made it publicly known, on more than one occasion, that we have a war chest. Bet clubs can’t wait for us to give them a call...

We won’t sign anybody this week imo.

To be fair the pick up in form makes it less important. Best to get the right players at the right price whenever we actually get the deals done.

Then when the next manager comes along and he doesn’t want to play the last managers system? All change?

Back