Not Guilty of Murder -Kieran Williams Trial Verdict

Two of them obviously taking the blame for other people or at least were told to blame each other and thats what happened so no actual evidence other than the fingerprints and the two of them saying each other done it whilst Mr Big will be at home laughing about it.

Its the Victims family i feel sorry for having to live the rest of their lives whilst these evil horrible scumbags celebrate and laugh at what has happened

The system is a joke really

I thought that at first, but now I'm not so sure.

Have a read of Cook's defence as reported (verbatim) in several newspapers. Broadly, he states that Hackett did it and Cook had no idea what was about to happen and was forced to keep quiet or he would get the same. The verdict mirrors Cook's defence. It seems more than plausible that the jury believed Cook, and so he was found not guilty; and Hackett was found guilty. In that event, Hackett may have been charged with manslaughter rather than murder on the grounds of 'loss of control'.

Interestingly, I've had a look 'round the internet with some pictures of them. 'Looks like they're both well acquainted with a local boxing club. Hackett looks about a foot shorter than Cook and in the pictures it looks like Hackett is on the fringes while Cook is the centre of a group of mates. 'Probably means nothing, but 'just made me wonder if it suggests Hackett was not in a position to force Cook into anything.

But that’s the whole point. Each case needs to be judged on the evidence alone.

Not on press speculation, Facebook gossip or knowledge of the defendants’ past behaviour and dealings.

I don’t know the details of this case and neither does annybody else. The jury heard the evidence and did not find them guilty. The details may come out on a documentary but any comment on here or other social media is sheer speculation.
If you ever have the misfortune to move to an area where the best approach is to keep your eyes and your ears open at all times, keep your gob shut and say hello to everyone if you want yourself and your family to remain safe, then I would advise that you take any local gossip seriously and do not rely on what are excellent ideals but that have no value in the real world you find yourself living in.

Two of them obviously taking the blame for other people or at least were told to blame each other and thats what happened so no actual evidence other than the fingerprints and the two of them saying each other done it whilst Mr Big will be at home laughing about it.

Its the Victims family i feel sorry for having to live the rest of their lives whilst these evil horrible scumbags celebrate and laugh at what has happened

The system is a joke really

I'm sure I read something in a news report on this case about this being over money to be paid to avoid a witness statement, was more made of that during the trial? Did this group of friends do something to someone and the lad who died took the brunt of it. Sure it was reported £5,000 to stop a witness giving the police a statement following a slashing... was the money not paid and debt then turned to someone losing their life? Someone in this thread posted about "dark forces" and others involved. The truth will come out eventually but there's obviously more to the story than has been reported.

I'm sure I read something in a news report on this case about this being over money to be paid to avoid a witness statement, was more made of that during the trial? Did this group of friends do something to someone and the lad who died took the brunt of it. Sure it was reported £5,000 to stop a witness giving the police a statement following a slashing... was the money not paid and debt then turned to someone losing their life? Someone in this thread posted about "dark forces" and others involved. The truth will come out eventually but there's obviously more to the story than has been reported.
The Chronicle or Echo had a bit in about Williams being due £5,000 after a slash attack and one of the lads wanting it off him.

Edit: Cook said Hackett attacked him after a row about that money. Murder accused claims his friend killed teenager during row over money

Last edited:
I thought that at first, but now I'm not so sure.

Have a read of Cook's defence as reported (verbatim) in several newspapers. Broadly, he states that Hackett did it and Cook had no idea what was about to happen and was forced to keep quiet or he would get the same. The verdict mirrors Cook's defence. It seems more than plausible that the jury believed Cook, and so he was found not guilty; and Hackett was found guilty. In that event, Hackett may have been charged with manslaughter rather than murder on the grounds of 'loss of control'.

Interestingly, I've had a look 'round the internet with some pictures of them. 'Looks like they're both well acquainted with a local boxing club. Hackett looks about a foot shorter than Cook and in the pictures it looks like Hackett is on the fringes while Cook is the centre of a group of mates. 'Probably means nothing, but 'just made me wonder if it suggests Hackett was not in a position to force Cook into anything.
they both told the same story man....come on.....they both were given instructions from a hierachy to do this....Hacketts fingerprints in grave is the only difference between them......please wise up to this and read between the lines people. The papers you are reding will now not publish any incrimination against cook now hes innocent

Hackett :-
Mr Cook was responsible, having stabbed Mr Williams multiple times following an angry exchange at the burial site.Mr Hackett said he then followed Mr Cook’s instructions to bury the body in the pre-dug grave and to fill it with soil.

He claimed he did as Mr Cook told him to, for fear he, too, would be stabbed.

Mr Hackett said Mr Cook was angry with Mr Williams as he had failed to receive any money from a man who had been asking him not to report a recent slash attack on him.

Last edited:
they both told the same story man....come on.....they both were given instructions from a hierachy to do this....Hacketts fingerprints in grave is the only difference between them......please wise up to this and read between the lines people. The papers you are reding will now not publish any incrimination against cook now hes innocent

Hackett :-
Mr Cook was responsible, having stabbed Mr Williams multiple times following an angry exchange at the burial site.Mr Hackett said he then followed Mr Cook’s instructions to bury the body in the pre-dug grave and to fill it with soil.

He claimed he did as Mr Cook told him to, for fear he, too, would be stabbed.

Mr Hackett said Mr Cook was angry with Mr Williams as he had failed to receive any money from a man who had been asking him not to report a recent slash attack on him.

Was the slash attack on Williams or someone else? Was he offered money to not report something or is it something else? Surely if that person then goes missing it's going to look rather suspicious. Don't know much about the money being offered and slash attack but you'd think that was a line of inquiry. Probably led them to the dark forces they refer to?

There is a name doing the rounds, not sure how much is in it but the person has apparently been missing since Williams went missing and the last interaction police had with them was because they were recalled to prison and evaded.

Was the slash attack on Williams or someone else?

According to the Sunderland Echo, aye.

According to that article, they both blamed each other with the exact same story.

'Looks like Hackett was found guilty because his fingerprints were in the grave. Had I been on the jury, I'd have wanted to now why Cook was the one who left his mobile at home. Most people these days carry their phones 'round with them everywhere and it seems he was in the habit of texting his Mam to tell her when he would be home given he texted her using Hackett's phone not long after the murder. So why didn't he take his phone when he left the house?
Was the slash attack on Williams or someone else?

Just had a look 'round the internet/Facebook.

The lad who is accused of the slashing in the Sunderland Echo article, the one where Kieran Williams was slashed, seems to be a bad lad and well known to the law. He appears to have a brother, or at the very least a cousin, with the same unusual surname, 'looks very much like the alleged slasher and is also a bad lad involved in drugs and other bits in pieces as per The Chronicle/The Echo. This cousin or brother is a friend on Facebook with the alleged slasher.

This probable brother or cousin of the slasher, is friends with Hackett on Facebook. This Hackett has one big family and the brother/cousin is Facebook friends with the lot of 'em.

Surely this isn't a coincidence. What are the chances of a convicted killer of a lad, being friends with the brother or cousin of the person who slashed the same lad not long before that.

The lad who is accused of the slashing in the Sunderland Echo article, the one where Kieran Williams was slashed, seems to be a bad lad and well known to the law. He appears to have a brother, or at the very least a cousin, with the same unusual surname, 'looks very much like the alleged slasher and is also a bad lad involved in drugs and other bits in pieces as per The Chronicle/The Echo. This cousin or brother is a friend on Facebook with the alleged slasher.

This probable brother or cousin of the slasher, is friends with Hackett on Facebook. This Hackett has one big family and the brother/cousin is Facebook friends with the lot of 'em.

Surely this isn't a coincidence. What are the chances of a convicted killer of a lad, being friends with the brother or cousin of the person who slashed the same lad not long before that.

According to that article, they both blamed each other with the exact same story.

'Looks like Hackett was found guilty because his fingerprints were in the grave. Had I been on the jury, I'd have wanted to now why Cook was the one who left his mobile at home. Most people these days carry their phones 'round with them everywhere and it seems he was in the habit of texting his Mam to tell her when he would be home given he texted her using Hackett's phone not long after the murder. So why didn't he take his phone when he left the house?

Don't know what's happened there with my post, but this is what I meant to say.

Last edited:

Don't know what's happened there with my post, but this is what I meant to say.

I think I’ve followed your trail on this. I can remember reading the post about the slashing and being shocked when it said the victim has died but unrelated to the case. All becomes a bit clearer now

I think I’ve followed your trail on this. I can remember reading the post about the slashing and being shocked when it said the victim has died but unrelated to the case. All becomes a bit clearer now

I think so, mate.

According to the Sunderland Echo, lad slashes another lad who is later murdered. Looking on Facebook, the lad alleged to have done the slashing has a brother/cousin (both known to the law for drugs and other bits and pieces). That brother/cousin is Facebook friends with the lad (and the rest of his family, 'loads of 'em) found guilty of killing the lad who was slashed. Surely this means something in terms of what happened.

I knew the victim when he was a little boy and I still keep in contact with his nan I cannot get my head around this verdict. Both admit be8ng there both admit playing a part but both blame each other for the stabbing doesn't this come under the 'joint enterprise'. Also how can they reduce the crime to manslaughter? From what I understand manslaughter is killing someone but you didn't mean to e.g someone physically beats someone up NOT pre dig grave and inflict wounds that many times as to kill someone. One has no conviction at all so the other the jury belive is guilty YES MURDER NOT ACCIDENTALLY KILLING HIM

I knew the victim when he was a little boy and I still keep in contact with his nan I cannot get my head around this verdict. Both admit be8ng there both admit playing a part but both blame each other for the stabbing doesn't this come under the 'joint enterprise'. Also how can they reduce the crime to manslaughter? From what I understand manslaughter is killing someone but you didn't mean to e.g someone physically beats someone up NOT pre dig grave and inflict wounds that many times as to kill someone. One has no conviction at all so the other the jury belive is guilty YES MURDER NOT ACCIDENTALLY KILLING HIM
There is a lot of information that we have not seen in this case.....there is a lot of information that has NOT been reported by the media......Im presuming the Judge has prevented the media from reporting these things. This can be seen on the day of the verdict that the media quickly moved on from reporting it and also the lack of statements coming from the police.

What we can take from this is that jury believe that these lads did not kill him......they were at the scene at some point , assisted in the grave digging , text Kieran to meet them , lied to the police and hid information but they did not kill him. Others were involved and this is what the jury came to the conclusion. The boys were coerced into taking the rap for it.

Last edited:

Back