Not enjoying your job

Status
Not open for further replies.

I reckon I will be in your position by the end of this year , I am 2 years into a 3 year project, hit a ceiling with how far I can progress and senior management have acknowledge this. I am actively looking for new roles. Seen too many people get too comfortable in their job and waste years doing the same thing.

Alright lads, I'm feeling increasingly like my job is getting tedious but don't want to jump ship in to something I don't enjoy (potentially more), so what do I do?

I'm currently a Recruitment Consultant, but not sure I want to stay in industry as it's killing my motivation. I have no idea what I want to do though.

Anyone got any experiences/advice they care to share?
Had same job 30 odd years since school
Started a lad recently,left his job of 10 years,went to another job for more wonga,hated it,i "rescued" him,lasted a month "not for me"went back to what he was doing 10 years (diff employer) rang me a week after leaving "i've made a mistake" ..i'd replaced him by then...make of that what you will

Alright lads, I'm feeling increasingly like my job is getting tedious but don't want to jump ship in to something I don't enjoy (potentially more), so what do I do?

I'm currently a Recruitment Consultant, but not sure I want to stay in industry as it's killing my motivation. I have no idea what I want to do though.

Maybe discuss it with a recruitment consultant..............

seriously though it is difficult to leave a job but come ten years you will still be there thinking you should have jumped ship

You're a recruitment consultant :lol: so it's your job to find people jobs. If only there was a way to utilise this skill to solve your current problem.
:lol:
Surely as a recruiter, you see hundreds of job specs on a weekly basis? None of them take your fancy?
I recruit senior Sales/Account Managers for large telco carriers, so I wouldn't be qualified.
ahh, in that case you should find another sector. i bash between 500-700 dials a day. you gotta find the balance between wanting cash and wanting job satisfaction. i dont mind working in excess of 60 hours a week every week to earn cash, no matter what the task is. i could go back to working in bars, which was fun and sociable, and i'd still be on a pittance working weekends.

with your background, have you considered being a field rep? less phone work, more face to face and you get to move around rather than stare at a screen all day.
Your last paragraph is certainly something I'm considering. I like to be out selling face to face.

I reckon I will be in your position by the end of this year , I am 2 years into a 3 year project, hit a ceiling with how far I can progress and senior management have acknowledge this. I am actively looking for new roles. Seen too many people get too comfortable in their job and waste years doing the same thing.
Depends if work is your key goal,to me it pays me money to enjoy my life.Would hate most peoples jobs

I'm currently driving a class 2 wagon and bloody love it. I start at 4pm when the managers have buggered off, load up and off I go until 1am. I'm pretty much my own boss so for now it suits me. Might look at doing Transport Management in the future though.

I know it doesn't help you but at least I'm happy.

i drive the car transporters out of Nissan now ,
Left a job I hated a few year ago and got my class 2 and class 1 ,

If people hate their job like I did they should really do something about it

Find something you fancy doing and retrain if necessary. Thats what I've done in the past and the investment in the courses I've done have paid for themselves.

Your last paragraph is certainly something I'm considering. I like to be out selling face to face.
look at booze companies, red bull, bacardi etc. their sales jobs are class. i looked at one before i headed to London but i was unable to drive a car temporarily so had to decline it. blessing in disguise like but hey, you win some you lose some.

get yourself a field sales job mate.

Depends what motivates you and what you enjoy.

My job suits me as I like being active, being out and about, variety and managing myself. I wouldn't like being stuck at a desk in an office.

look at booze companies, red bull, bacardi etc. their sales jobs are class. i looked at one before i headed to London but i was unable to drive a car temporarily so had to decline it. blessing in disguise like but hey, you win some you lose some.

get yourself a field sales job mate.
Cheers mate, will have a look this afternoon.

Your job is the main part of your life. It's much better to find a job you like (or at least don't hate), even if it's less coin.

difference between a job you hate and a job you don't like...

depends on cirumcstances, responsibilities etc.

sometimes you just need to do what you need to do. people to feed, clothe etc.

Ah, that explains a lot ;)

Wasn't it you who was saying how great your job was, office banter, trips to dubai etc a couple months ago?? What's changed

Wasn't it you who was saying how great your job was, office banter, trips to dubai etc a couple months ago?? What's changed
Nothing. All the incentives are still there and I enjoy who I work with. It's just the job itself that's starting to grate on me.

Maybe it's because I haven't done a decent sized deal for a couple of months. This job makes you bipolar! Champagne and razorblades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back