Not enjoying your job

Status
Not open for further replies.
treat it as a means to an end.. go in.. do your job.. go home..

I've recently been made redundant due to my place closing. The job I was doing was Quality.

Bluntly put, I hate doing Quality. However, the jobs that are coming up for me are Quality and it looks detined to swallow me up again in the coming months. Everything I did before seems to be an irrelevance (i.e. your current job role seems to define how you're perceived.)

I've 20 to 25 years working life ahead of me. The thought of "Go in, Do your Job. Go Home." if it is to be Quality is a thought that depresses me. However, that statement has been bluntley made to me. Accept your lot and stop complaining.

My own thoughts are to retrain to do something else faced with that thought. However, once in work my motivation to look to change thongs will disappear once the wage is dropping back in the bank on a monthly basis.

"Security and boredom" versus "interesting but uncertain". Hmmm!!!

fuck that, HR full of bellsniffs
Yeah I know but it's piss easy. Would be able to knock one out at work more often.

I've recently been made redundant due to my place closing. The job I was doing was Quality.

Bluntly put, I hate doing Quality. However, the jobs that are coming up for me are Quality and it looks detined to swallow me up again in the coming months. Everything I did before seems to be an irrelevance (i.e. your current job role seems to define how you're perceived.)

I've 20 to 25 years working life ahead of me. The thought of "Go in, Do your Job. Go Home." if it is to be Quality is a thought that depresses me. However, that statement has been bluntley made to me. Accept your lot and stop complaining.

My own thoughts are to retrain to do something else faced with that thought. However, once in work my motivation to look to change thongs will disappear once the wage is dropping back in the bank on a monthly basis.

"Security and boredom" versus "interesting but uncertain". Hmmm!!!
Changing your underwear at work seems a bit odd like :eek:

@LondonMackem, as an aside, I've had two agency contacts over new jobs this morning.

For the same f***ing job. Bloody agencies!!! :lol:

(And yea, it's soddin' Quality.)

Alright lads, I'm feeling increasingly like my job is getting tedious but don't want to jump ship in to something I don't enjoy (potentially more), so what do I do?

I'm currently a Recruitment Consultant, but not sure I want to stay in industry as it's killing my motivation. I have no idea what I want to do though.

Anyone got any experiences/advice they care to share?

Politician? Important that you can tell lies.

I can't imagine many worse industries to work in than recruitment, full of absolute cock knockers.

You're a recruitment consultant :lol: so it's your job to find people jobs. If only there was a way to utilise this skill to solve your current problem.

I think his best move would be to employ a recruitment consulatant to help him figure out what his next career move might be.

I think his best move would be to employ a recruitment consulatant to help him figure out what his next career move might be.
There are agencies that do this, rec to rec's, but they only provide you with more jobs in recruitment (as the names suggests).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back