Not enjoying your job

Status
Not open for further replies.

LondonMackem

Striker
Alright lads, I'm feeling increasingly like my job is getting tedious but don't want to jump ship in to something I don't enjoy (potentially more), so what do I do?

I'm currently a Recruitment Consultant, but not sure I want to stay in industry as it's killing my motivation. I have no idea what I want to do though.

Anyone got any experiences/advice they care to share?

Alright lads, I'm feeling increasingly like my job is getting tedious but don't want to jump ship in to something I don't enjoy (potentially more), so what do I do?

I'm currently a Recruitment Consultant, but not sure I want to stay in industry as it's killing my motivation. I have no idea what I want to do though.

what is it that you are starting to dislike? do you source your own candidates?

Can't you just sly boy one of the incoming adverts into your pocket and only send in your own CV?

If it helps, I've been in my line of work for over 10 years and I'm still not sure whether it's what I want to do.
Problem is, I have no idea what else I could do

I'm currently driving a class 2 wagon and bloody love it. I start at 4pm when the managers have buggered off, load up and off I go until 1am. I'm pretty much my own boss so for now it suits me. Might look at doing Transport Management in the future though.

I know it doesn't help you but at least I'm happy.

if you have no problem hitting the phones every day then you should move into finance. how many dials you reckon you make a day? do you have to get your own clients as well? full 360?
Yeah full 360 but I think the incessant phone bashing is becoming tedious. I guess that's what's killing my soul!

Oh the ironing.

Yeah full 360 but I think the incessant phone bashing is becoming tedious. I guess that's what's killing my soul!
ahh, in that case you should find another sector. i bash between 500-700 dials a day. you gotta find the balance between wanting cash and wanting job satisfaction. i dont mind working in excess of 60 hours a week every week to earn cash, no matter what the task is. i could go back to working in bars, which was fun and sociable, and i'd still be on a pittance working weekends.

with your background, have you considered being a field rep? less phone work, more face to face and you get to move around rather than stare at a screen all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back