Not enjoying your job

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you were a hairdresser?

Personal experience, you force your employers to pay you to leave and then you take 5 months off travelling SE Asia. You get back and still don't have a clue what you want so you take a short break in in the Netherlands. Only knowing you don't want to be back in in the position you were in previously (and the shite weather) you then buy a one way ticket to South Spain and sit around in the sun (potentially looking for a job). Which brings me to where I am today. :lol::lol:

Nothing. All the incentives are still there and I enjoy who I work with. It's just the job itself that's starting to grate on me.

Maybe it's because I haven't done a decent sized deal for a couple of months. This job makes you bipolar! Champagne and razorblades.
correct. its up to you to get out of the rut. self motivation is key in sales. maybe you don't have what it takes to be top seller? ;)

I thought you were a hairdresser?

Personal experience, you force your employers to pay you to leave and then you take 5 months off travelling SE Asia. You get back and still don't have a clue what you want so you take a short break in in the Netherlands. Only knowing you don't want to be back in in the position you were in previously (and the shite weather) you then buy a one way ticket to South Spain and sit around in the sun (potentially looking for a job). Which brings me to where I am today. :lol::lol:
FFS :lol:

Sounds class, I'll see you out there! :lol:

Nothing. All the incentives are still there and I enjoy who I work with. It's just the job itself that's starting to grate on me.

Maybe it's because I haven't done a decent sized deal for a couple of months. This job makes you bipolar! Champagne and razorblades.
Id say start by looking into something your interested in and not worry about pay to get started. Obviously easier said than done if you have rent/mortgage/bills etc. Plenty of time to move up the ladder and earn decent money and works not half as bad if you enjoy it.

correct. its up to you to get out of the rut. self motivation is key in sales. maybe you don't have what it takes to be top seller? ;)
I just get sick and tired of getting fucked about by clients and candidates alike. I'm just constantly putting out fires and trying to stop people from going full retard.

I reckon I will be in your position by the end of this year , I am 2 years into a 3 year project, hit a ceiling with how far I can progress and senior management have acknowledge this. I am actively looking for new roles. Seen too many people get too comfortable in their job and waste years doing the same thing.
I started my industry at the bottom and within 18 months I had 3 promotions. I'm currently in a position where I will be held up for a few years. Like you I'm worried I'll fall into a comfortable position and my fire will die out so I'm moving on.

My ex was a recruitment consultant and was sick of making money for the company she worked for, so she setup on her own. Did really well and started with temps to get a steady income stream first. Would certainly motivate you!

My ex was a recruitment consultant and was sick of making money for the company she worked for, so she setup on her own. Did really well and started with temps to get a steady income stream first. Would certainly motivate you!
Working for myself is certainly something I've looked at potentially doing. Whether that's in recruitment or not is the question.

Alright lads, I'm feeling increasingly like my job is getting tedious but don't want to jump ship in to something I don't enjoy (potentially more), so what do I do?

I'm currently a Recruitment Consultant, but not sure I want to stay in industry as it's killing my motivation. I have no idea what I want to do though.

Anyone got any experiences/advice they care to share?

Mate. Epping already alluded to it. No one really likes their job unless their doing something they've always wanted since they were young or a sport or summat.

I want write novels but haven't got the balls to do it. I got bills to pay. Maybe in a few years after I've paid off all my debt.

I hate my job with a passion but it isn't too challenging and the pay is decent so I put up with it, been doing it for 12 years now.

The mrs loves her job but her pay is turd. We're probably about equally as happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back