Not enjoying your job

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love being at work. Not the actually doing any work bit mind - the walking round drinking tea and ripping the piss out if people bit.

Changed career two years ago. Always worked in retail and customer service roles since leaving school. Was sick of my last job due to owners of the business not necessarily the job itself. Left for a utility firm and now have my gas and electric tickets for fitting meters. Best thing I ever did. Much better pay better work life balance and plod about in my van working on my own getting on with my work. Still have to deal with the occasional fuckwit but a lot less than in retail and customer service!

Changed career two years ago. Always worked in retail and customer service roles since leaving school. Was sick of my last job due to owners of the business not necessarily the job itself. Left for a utility firm and now have my gas and electric tickets for fitting meters. Best thing I ever did. Much better pay better work life balance and plod about in my van working on my own getting on with my work. Still have to deal with the occasional fuckwit but a lot less than in retail and customer service!
Was there a lot of training involved?

Siemens by chance? had a look at this, fitting smart meters. Seemed decent.

Was there a lot of training involved?
I got my foot in the door as a debt collector which meant I would get my training to fit electric meters to do warrants that took 7 weeks. Did debt collection for a year then was offered the chance to move over to the smart metering department which meant I got my gas tickets and that took 15 weeks. Been doing the gas for a year almost now and love the job.

Siemens by chance? had a look at this, fitting smart meters. Seemed decent.

No mate work for one of the big 6 direct on a permanent contract. I know Siemens are hiring trainees at the minute. All the utility companies are crying out for lads with there gas tickets. If you did wanna do it I'd pay for your gas yourself then try and get in with the big firms not the contractors as they can be a nightmare to work for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back