Northern trains

Successive governments have done the square root of fuck all about the railways up here for generations. And I can remember when the railways were government owned. Guess what, they were shit then anarl.

We can hold our own government to account at least and demand change. As it stands the French own our energy market, the German and Dutch own our railways, the Germans own our bus system and the Germans part own the Royal Mail. If you think that's a healthy situation in which they are fully invested in providing a service then fair play.

Think the morons will use more than 2 carriages?
No chance.

it’s still ridiculous that if you get a return ticket you can only use it on the Same day.

It’s a joke that anyone north of Stockton isn’t guaranteed a seat/place on the train if it’s busy. This will only get worse the closer it gets to Christmas too

No chance.

it’s still ridiculous that if you get a return ticket you can only use it on the Same day.

It’s a joke that anyone north of Stockton isn’t guaranteed a seat/place on the train if it’s busy. This will only get worse the closer it gets to Christmas too

boils my fecking piss.

a conductor tried to refuse an indian family access as they had a buggy ffs. Gave him some shit ss theyd waited ages so he had to put it in driver cabin.

i complained when an old lady fell over on the seaham bend once and got a great email saying its okay all windows are breakableif an emergency happened.

unreal. Dogshit service ran n staffed by arseholes.
GC is a breath of fresh air. Id love them to get some mini trains n take this route.

boils my fecking piss.

a conductor tried to refuse an indian family access as they had a buggy ffs. Gave him some shit ss theyd waited ages so he had to put it in driver cabin.

i complained when an old lady fell over on the seaham bend once and got a great email saying its okay all windows are breakableif an emergency happened.

GC is a breath of fresh air. Id love them to get some mini trains n take this route.
A half 7/8 GC return train would be ideal.

still takes nearly 40 minutes to get into Sunderland. Imagine this happening down south!

A half 7/8 GC return train would be ideal.

still takes nearly 40 minutes to get into Sunderland. Imagine this happening down south!

work a lot down south.

The view of us being backward isnt helped by our 60s style transport.

pleased youcan finally get a night game home like.

We can hold our own government to account at least and demand change. As it stands the French own our energy market, the German and Dutch own our railways, the Germans own our bus system and the Germans part own the Royal Mail. If you think that's a healthy situation in which they are fully invested in providing a service then fair play.
I didn’t say any of that but you carry on. Recent events have demonstrated that our politicians are accountable to no one but themselves. The whole network in the north east needs investment but our politicians think HS2 is a better plan. politicians of all parties largely ignore this part of the world unless there’s an election in the offing then up they pop like the turd that won’t flush.
im not against nationalisation per se, after all times change but I’m convinced utterly that it won’t happen.

I just don't get this - the train operators are not paid for running services (bar any subsidised routes) but get their income from ticket sales. Trains have never carried as many people as right now and it isn't temporary. Three carriages can hold 50% more than two and in a civilised manner. There should be fines for operators that have above a certain percentage standing on more than a certain percentage of the time - they are simply shirking investment in rolling stock.

I just don't get this - the train operators are not paid for running services (bar any subsidised routes) but get their income from ticket sales. Trains have never carried as many people as right now and it isn't temporary. Three carriages can hold 50% more than two and in a civilised manner. There should be fines for operators that have above a certain percentage standing on more than a certain percentage of the time - they are simply shirking investment in rolling stock.
Cant be safe , cramming people in like sardines.

Northern have taken loads of our 156 units and we hardly have any of those left now. They're already route cleared to run on that line so not really an excuse now to put 4 on instead of 2. They've also taken quite a few of our 170 turbos which I think they are using down York Leeds way.

Cant be safe , cramming people in like sardines.
I’ve almost witnessed 2 very serious incidents thanks to the cramming of people. The most serious being when the conductor wanted to get into the cabin. There was no room for manoeuvre at all, or seemingly not at all. He bulldozed his way through and I and 2 others almost fell into a buggy with a baby in. I’ve also seen an old lady take ill and it took what seemed an age to get her off at Seaham station where she received attention. 2 people then got on with about 40 left stranded at station. I have no doubt one day there will be a big accident on these trains, I’ve fired off E-mail after E-Mail but just get fobbed off.

I’ve almost witnessed 2 very serious incidents thanks to the cramming of people. The most serious being when the conductor wanted to get into the cabin. There was no room for manoeuvre at all, or seemingly not at all. He bulldozed his way through and I and 2 others almost fell into a buggy with a baby in. I’ve also seen an old lady take ill and it took what seemed an age to get her off at Seaham station where she received attention. 2 people then got on with about 40 left stranded at station. I have no doubt one day there will be a big accident on these trains, I’ve fired off E-mail after E-Mail but just get fobbed off.

or a massive scrap, folk even swigging spirits on the 1pm and scrum to get on.

boils my fecking piss.

I got on the 11am train for Sunderland, but got straight back off, due to lack of seats available.
I waited five minutes, and got on the GC, which had masses of seats available.
The 7pm train, back to Hartlepool, was a Northern train, with longer carriages, and plenty of seats available.
It would make good sense to use the Northern trains, especially, in the run up to Christmas, when there'd be extra passengers using the trains, going Christmas shopping, as well as football fans, heading to Sunderland or Newcastle.

Was canny yesterday. Went to get the 17:30 train to Newcastle which was cancelled. Then at the end of the night went to get the last train to Seaham, which was also cancelled.

Back