Northern trains

I know it feels like that. If everyone did it though... and regularly.

Plus if what Hank says is true, complain to northern and get some free journeys!

I sent a complaint every day (was commuting with Northern), cc'd local MP, Chris Grayling etc.

Grayling or his office never responded, local MP was a waste of time and just sent something he had done on another issue which wasn't related to my line!

Basically got told to stop sending complaints! You only get the free tickets if the train is delayed over 30 minutes iirc. nothing for severe overcrowding, late or poor service. I just enjoyed skewing their complaints stats for a few weeks.

Had meetings with the manager of Northern customer services and the planners, the message was it is what is at the minute, nothing is going to change until Network Rail complete certain works. Asked how can they then justify putting the price up year on year when the service is appalling, no response.

I sent a complaint every day (was commuting with Northern), cc'd local MP, Chris Grayling etc.

Grayling or his office never responded, local MP was a waste of time and just sent something he had done on another issue which wasn't related to my line!

Basically got told to stop sending complaints! You only get the free tickets if the train is delayed over 30 minutes iirc. nothing for severe overcrowding, late or poor service. I just enjoyed skewing their complaints stats for a few weeks.

Had meetings with the manager of Northern customer services and the planners, the message was it is what is at the minute, nothing is going to change until Network Rail complete certain works. Asked how can they then justify putting the price up year on year when the service is appalling, no response.

If I'm still alive in 30 years time nowt will have change

That's crap. At least you got it off your chest

Your right the current governments policy on rail is shite, however it was still shite under a Labour government. Up the Monorail revolution.

I'm not disputing that. What I am saying I'd that if people care enough to actually want it to change, in our favour, then vote labour in future elections

I'm not disputing that. What I am saying I'd that if people care enough to actually want it to change, in our favour, then vote labour in future elections
All I'm saying is that by voting Labour, history proves that it doesn't guarantee anything. All politicians are lying toerags. I've voted for all the main parties over the years and it doesn't make a jot of difference really.

Last edited:
All I'm saying is that by voting Labour, history proves that it doesn't guarantee anything. All politicians are lying toerags. I've voted for all the main parties over the years and it doesn't make a jot of difference really.

Agreed. But its different now as we actually have a left of centre labour party for the first time in generations.

The railway needs renationalising as it isnt fit for purpose. Weve sold off too much infrastructure in this country to French and German companies who are only focused on profit margins rather than providing the service. Unfortunately, Labour have been encumbered with an absolute fool who isnt fit to govern so it wont happen anytime soon and in the meantime whilst the Tories know they have no competition at all they can creep further and further to the right.

The railway needs renationalising as it isnt fit for purpose. Weve sold off too much infrastructure in this country to French and German companies who are only focused on profit margins rather than providing the service. Unfortunately, Labour have been encumbered with an absolute fool who isnt fit to govern so it wont happen anytime soon and in the meantime whilst the Tories know they have no competition at all they can creep further and further to the right.
Successive governments have done the square root of fuck all about the railways up here for generations. And I can remember when the railways were government owned. Guess what, they were shit then anarl.

Back