Noel Gallagher

Are the experts really correct?

Nobody is 100% correct 100% of the time.

The evidence we have, and the guidance produced from that evidence, is that masks do reduce the transmission of COVID-19.

There are downsides to wearing masks, of course there are, but the benefits hugely outweigh them.

Given the threat posed by COVID-19, I truly do not understand anyone’s opposition to them.

They work. They have undoubtedly prevented infections and saved lives in the process.

Nobody is 100% correct 100% of the time.

The evidence we have, and the guidance produced from that evidence, is that masks do reduce the transmission of COVID-19.

There are downsides to wearing masks, of course there are, but the benefits hugely outweigh them.

Given the threat posed by COVID-19, I truly do not understand anyone’s opposition to them.

They work. They have undoubtedly prevented infections and saved lives in the process.
You sound scared, follow the money not the medics frij

Last edited:
Certain masks will work, but they’ll need a filter of some sort and you’ll need a decent face seal on it, like you get off a respirator. I can’t imagine the generic blue disposable ones being very reliable.

Can you provide evidence that masks don’t work? There are lots of studies providing evidence that they do work.

In some kind of self-fulfilling prophecy though, the people that say masks don’t work, and so don’t wear them, are a significant driving factor reducing their effectiveness, since the effectiveness of masks is dependent on high compliance.

Don’t take my word for it though, what about the words of Howard et al who say…

“The preponderance of evidence indicates that mask wearing reduces transmissibility per contact by reducing transmission of infected respiratory particles”

and conclude that…

“We recommend that public officials and governments strongly encourage the use of widespread face masks in public”

I can find lots of other studies just like this, all finding that masks work, and that people should wear them.

Including wearing a mask whilst driving a car by yourself ?

Including wearing a mask whilst driving a car by yourself ?

A pointless exercise but I assume everyone I saw doing that either forgot they had it on, thought it more convenient to leave it on, or for some work reason perhaps, had to leave it on.

I’ve done both one and two. Have driven home from work without realising I had a mask on, and also when driving from one shop to another, just left the mask on.

I don’t know anyone nor can I understand the reasons anyone would have, to feel the need to wear one alone in the car.

It is of little use being fixated on a small and bizarre facet of mask wearing though. People who are generally against mask wearing like to target the stranger uses of them, to try and attack mask wearing as a whole.

That’s a little like saying to someone that it’s stupid to look both ways whilst crossing a one way road, so why bother looking when crossing a dual carriageway?

Masks work. End of story really. I don’t know what else there is to say.

A pointless exercise but I assume everyone I saw doing that either forgot they had it on, thought it more convenient to leave it on, or for some work reason perhaps, had to leave it on.

I’ve done both one and two. Have driven home from work without realising I had a mask on, and also when driving from one shop to another, just left the mask on.

I don’t know anyone nor can I understand the reasons anyone would have, to feel the need to wear one alone in the car.

It is of little use being fixated on a small and bizarre facet of mask wearing though. People who are generally against mask wearing like to target the stranger uses of them, to try and attack mask wearing as a whole.

That’s a little like saying to someone that it’s stupid to look both ways whilst crossing a one way road, so why bother looking when crossing a dual carriageway?

Masks work. End of story really. I don’t know what else there is to say.

Bizarre , a nice description that sums up the continued use of masks by an incredibly small % of the population when out in the public.

Bizarre , a nice description that sums up the continued use of masks by an incredibly small % of the population when out in the public.

Why do you think it’s bizarre that some people still wear a mask?

I don’t, because I think the overall risk of COVID is now relatively very low, but I’d have no problem wearing one if COVID rates dramatically increased, or if the seasonal influenza strain(s) was particularly virulent.

Masks work. We know they work. I fail to see the problem people have with them.

Last edited:

I don’t, because I think the overall risk of COVID is relatively very low, but I’d have no problem wearing one if COVID rates dramatically increased, or if the seasonal influenza strain(s) was particularly virulent.

I was in the bookies the other day
One of the staff had a mask on. I overheard someone asking him why and he said the other worker there had a horrendous cold. They were laughing about it and that but nobody had a go at him and the lass seemed to be accepting it was fair enough.
….obviously I got out of there sharpish! :lol:

I don’t, because I think the overall risk of COVID is now relatively very low, but I’d have no problem wearing one if COVID rates dramatically increased, or if the seasonal influenza strain(s) was particularly virulent.

Brainwashed

I was in the bookies the other day
One of the staff had a mask on. I overheard someone asking him why and he said the other worker there had a horrendous cold. They were laughing about it and that but nobody had a go at him and the lass seemed to be accepting it was fair enough.
….obviously I got out of there sharpish! :lol:

Seems reasonable to me if he couldn’t get the time off. Sensible decision.
Brainwashed

Care to explain how, or give reasons behind your views?

Many people with views such as your own seem unable to articulate them. Perhaps you’ll be the exception.

But if the risk is relatively low you should still be wearing one surely ?

You keep on telling us masks work , “ we know “ they work but I and many other’s remain unconvinced.

Especially driving on your own.

But if the risk is relatively low you should still be wearing one surely ?

You keep on telling us masks work , “ we know “ they work but I and many other’s remain unconvinced.

Especially driving on your own.

I’m not saying people should wear them driving alone. I fail to see the relevance of repeatedly bringing that up.

Why do you remain unconvinced that masks work? What more proof do you need than multiple studies with real world data, providing evidence that they work, making recommendations based on that evidence, and then public health agencies forming guidance based around those recommendations?

The data is there, the evidence is there, and the scientific and professional consensus is there.

Please tell me what more you need and why you’re still “unconvinced”.

I’m not saying people should wear them driving alone. I fail to see the relevance of repeatedly bringing that up.

Why do you remain unconvinced that masks work? What more proof do you need than multiple studies with real world data, providing evidence that they work, making recommendations based on that evidence, and then public health agencies forming guidance based around those recommendations?

The data is there, the evidence is there, and the scientific and professional consensus is there.

Please tell me what more you need and why you’re still “unconvinced”.

Just show me your data you keep referring to .

If I do so, will you tell me why you’re unconvinced and what more you need to convince you?

Often times people who do not believe masks work, leave the discussion after the data is presented to them.

I‘m unconvinced with your unsubstantiated data proves everything argument.

Show us all the proof you keep referring to , some of us have been waiting more than long enough to be convinced.

Now is the time.

I‘m unconvinced with your unsubstantiated data proves everything argument.

Show us all the proof you keep referring to , some of us have been waiting more than long enough to be convinced.

Now is the time.

I’m still waiting to hear what you’re not convinced by. I’m a little sick of wasting my time with people who are “unconvinced” and “just asking questions” and deliberately vague about it all.

Are you actually willing to take information on board and have your mind changed? I’m curious as to why exactly you’re unconvinced, given the strong evidence that masks help prevent the transmission of COVID.

Here’s a starter for ten, from one of the most advanced public health agencies in the world, with a range of accompanying studies:

“Experimental and epidemiologic data support community masking to reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2”

Why are you unconvinced? What is your alternative hypothesis and what evidence is it based on?

Back