Noel Gallagher

I’ve answered it a million times before. You’re obsessed with it for some reason. Just like you’re obsessed with telling lies about masks, about vaccines…
What have I said about masks, that they most likely don't work, surely I'm entitled to my opinion. It's not what you call a lie. However typing we have a strong government given what happened after you posted it, is a lie.

Just a casual suspicion tbh Robbie.

Not like you putting forward your attention seeking bile as Fact and arguing it to the bitter end doubling down as you go.
What 'facts' would they be?
You've been dead against any conspiracy, but now you suspect it's not what it appears to be. Maybe you are finally waking up.

What a prick.
his band were a watered down version of the Roses mind sot it's no surprise.
At a push Wonderwall sounds a bit like Patience, but there isn’t much similarity. Axl’s a better singer than Liam, in my opinion.

Masks, outside of N95s, are pretty much useless. It does give you a nice feel for what life must be like in Saudi Arabia though!

Last edited:
At a push Wonderwall sounds a bit like Patience, but there isn’t much similarity. Axl’s a better singer than Liam, in my opinion.

Masks, outside of N95s, are pretty much useless. It does give you a nice feel for what life must be like in Saudi Arabia though!

That’s not really true. Several studies have demonstrated otherwise. N95 better of course but other masks are not “pretty much useless”.

Dr. Jeanne Noble, who directs COVID-19 response for the UCSF Emergency Department at the University of California, San Francisco: "Kids don't need to be masked. Full stop. They have minuscule risk of serious illness or death from COVID."

It's hard for children to wear masks properly

Teachers and parents often report that proper mask-wearing is difficult and requires constant reinforcement by teachers. That's especially true for young children and those with special needs.

Bernadette Ngoh, who runs an in-home day care in West Haven, Conn., spends time almost every day sitting down with children and telling them why masks are important. She calls it "The biggest challenge ... What do we do with all the kids that are unable to wear the mask and stay with the mask?"

Brittany Gonzalez teaches special education to Florida second- and third-graders in Lee County. Her students aren't required to wear masks. Those who do "take it off all day," she said. "It is a foreign piece of cloth on their face. And not all of them have the level of understanding as to why we're doing it and what it means and how to wear it."

Masks can interfere with young children's brain development

Numerous scientific papers have established that it can be harder to hear and understand speech and identify facial expressions and emotions when people are wearing masks. (Some of these studies also suggest workarounds, which many practitioners are using).

These are critical developmental tasks, particularly for children in the first three years of life.

EDUCATION

When can kids take off their masks in school? Here's what some experts say

The United States is an outlier in recommending masks from the age of 2 years old. The World Health Organization does not recommend masks for children under age 5, while the European equivalent of the CDC doesn't recommend them for children under age 12.

Manfred Spitzer is a psychiatrist and a cognitive neuroscientist in Germany.

He published a scientific review of evidence on how masking could impact children's development.

Spitzer says the negatives of masking are particularly clear for very young children. He believes that young children's caregivers should be unmasked as well.

"Kids need to train up their face recognition," he says, and they need to see full faces to learn to identify emotions as well as to learn language. "Babies were never designed just to see the upper half of the face and to infer the lower half; even adults have a hard time doing this."

Last edited:
Do the minor positives outweigh the major negatives? Children have been very badly affected by masking.

With respect, that’s not an answer to what I said, that’s changing the subject, rather than admitting that your statement isn’t correct.

As for your reply:

1. I disagree with the way you’re framing the benefits as “minor” and negatives as “major”. If masks had such a net negative impact, why were they recommended by almost all public health agencies in the developed world?

2. There is clearly competing evidence on this, as you might expect for something that cannot be demonstrated through randomised controlled trials.

I can certainly understand the theory behind why masks might have adverse impact on children’s development, but the evidence is not as one way, or as damning as you appear to suggest it is.

You’re very much exaggerating when you make the claim that “children have been very badly affected by masking” so I’d like to invite you to present the evidence.

With respect, that’s not an answer to what I said, that’s changing the subject, rather than admitting that your statement isn’t correct.

As for your reply:

1. I disagree with the way you’re framing the benefits as “minor” and negatives as “major”. If masks had such a net negative impact, why were they recommended by almost all public health agencies in the developed world?

2. There is clearly competing evidence on this, as you might expect for something that cannot be demonstrated through randomised controlled trials.

I can certainly understand the theory behind why masks might have adverse impact on children’s development, but the evidence is not as one way, or as damning as you appear to suggest it is.

You’re very much exaggerating when you make the claim that “children have been very badly affected by masking” so I’d like to invite you to present the evidence.
The data from kids testing is pretty concrete in how badly their education has been affected. You can hand-wave all you like, but anyone with kids will know how much they hated masks and how horrible the learning environment was.

I honestly think there is a fair bit to be said for the "great reset" argument. I certainly believe Covid has been used as a political tool.

(And I say that as someone who has had Covid, got vaccinated, etc.)

Last edited:
The data from kids testing is pretty concrete in how badly their education has been affected. You can hand-wave all you like, but anyone with kids will know how much they hated masks and how horrible the learning environment was.

I honestly think there is a fair bit to be said for the "great reset" argument. I certainly believe Covid has been used as a political tool.

(And I say that as someone who has had Covid, got vaccinated, etc.)

Please then, provide the data showing the impact of mask wearing on educational outcomes in the UK.

Back