Noel Gallagher

It’s not though is it? Most of the anti-mask, anti-lockdown types are little snowflakes who think they’re smarter than they actually are.

Could argue what he says is selfish but not much more, masks weren't/aren't effective and you'd have been better avoiding contact entirely. One can hold this opinion without underplaying the potential danger of covid.

Could argue what he says is selfish but not much more, masks weren't/aren't effective and you'd have been better avoiding contact entirely. One can hold this opinion without underplaying the potential danger of covid.

Can you provide evidence that masks don’t work? There are lots of studies providing evidence that they do work.

In some kind of self-fulfilling prophecy though, the people that say masks don’t work, and so don’t wear them, are a significant driving factor reducing their effectiveness, since the effectiveness of masks is dependent on high compliance.

Don’t take my word for it though, what about the words of Howard et al who say…

“The preponderance of evidence indicates that mask wearing reduces transmissibility per contact by reducing transmission of infected respiratory particles”

and conclude that…

“We recommend that public officials and governments strongly encourage the use of widespread face masks in public”

I can find lots of other studies just like this, all finding that masks work, and that people should wear them.

Poor from him to go on like this but iirc in sept 2020 when it seems this was recorded we were allowed to meet outside and recorded cases were extremely low, i think they have not been as low since. I recall going to a few bqq's that summer I think many people thought it was almost over at that point.

Many of these performers and musicians like him went on like arseholes not for good of the public but solely because their flow of cash had stopped overnight.

Many of these performers and musicians like him went on like arseholes not for good of the public but solely because their flow of cash had stopped overnight.
this was the overriding factor for many wasnt it. How it affected people personally.

It wasnt about the greater good. Or the wider picture. Or those in society suffering or dying

It was Their earnings. Their childcare issues. Their job security. Their rights. Their mental health.

Showed ourselves up badly in that pandemic imo.

Back