Nissan

If this doesn't come to Sunderland then the writing is on the wall. With the NE plant being designated as an SUV crossover plant, taking it elsewhere would signify that it ain't neccessarily so
Aye. Where this ends up being built will be a big statement about future intentions.

If the forecast build is low it will be built in Japan.
If they believe the numbers dictate that being built in Europe is required, then Nissan and Renault will have submitted bids or in the process of bidding for the car.
It will also depend on capacity availability at European plants, if it does go to a Renault plant then Sunderland has no future models planned to arrive.
Sadly the extensive redundancy requirement for the engineering dept suggest future model planning is being scaled down or ended.
Fingers crossed this comes our way, it’s always had planned models coming in the future , so far it hasn’t.

If the forecast build is low it will be built in Japan.
If they believe the numbers dictate that being built in Europe is required, then Nissan and Renault will have submitted bids or in the process of bidding for the car.
It will also depend on capacity availability at European plants, if it does go to a Renault plant then Sunderland has no future models planned to arrive.
Sadly the extensive redundancy requirement for the engineering dept suggest future model planning is being scaled down or ended.
Fingers crossed this comes our way, it’s always had planned models coming in the future , so far it hasn’t.
The article subtely hints at being built in Europe, but its a very subtle. We shall see.

I don’t know why people keep wetting the bed over this. No plant has decades of guaranteed work ahead of it.

Currently Nissan Sunderland has zero future models coming at them
This is not usual business for Sunderland so the future is very concerning.
I used to believe every new model gave me approx 5-7 years of work until I retired.
The reality is Juke has probs another 3-4 years so needs another model bidding for now.
Fingers crossed for the lovely boys and girls at Nissan

Currently Nissan Sunderland has zero future models coming at them
This is not usual business for Sunderland so the future is very concerning.
I used to believe every new model gave me approx 5-7 years of work until I retired.
The reality is Juke has probs another 3-4 years so needs another model bidding for now.
Fingers crossed for the lovely boys and girls at Nissan

fair enough but which other Nissan plants have new high volume models guaranteed?

People who work there or rely on the place being open are always worried about it. It isn't a new thing except on here.

businesses/politicians have people where they want them marra, people constantly worried about jobs work their nuts off and keep their heads down. At the end of the day everyone everywhere is in the same boat but there will always be work.

businesses/politicians have people where they want them marra, people constantly worried about jobs work their nuts off and keep their heads down. At the end of the day everyone everywhere is in the same boat but there will always be work.
If Nissan was to close it would be awful up here like. I'd probably struggle to find another job. My own fault like for being unskilled.

can’t see it happening in the medium term marra. Worst case long term it would be a protracted wind down. Too complicated to just suddenly shut a huge plant.
I reckon this model of the Quasqai will be the last for my place based on the last week regardless of what happens at Nissan. The last week of training has been embarrassing.

Back