Nissan

Today's rumour:

No late shift for 5 weeks due to shortage on air con units.

Any truth/possibility?
Line 2 are going to a QQ only build next week so could be true. Plus there's 8000 car sat out the back waiting for parts. Can't keep building like this.

Line 2 are going to a QQ only build next week so could be true. Plus there's 8000 car sat out the back waiting for parts. Can't keep building like this.
I’ve handed me notice in at my current job. I’m getting my medical on Thursday and formal job offer aswell hope this doesn’t effect me starting next week

The old timers will assume you're a lazy drug addict and look down on you judging by the posts in this thread. :lol:
Funnily enough! During my line trial cos of how I look (facial tattoos and I’m covered) they jokingly said “You might want to not smoke anything before your medical”. Lads were shocked to know I’m straight edge and haven’t touch drink or drugs in my life 😂 so I experienced that on my line trial haha

Funnily enough! During my line trial cos of how I look (facial tattoos and I’m covered) they jokingly said “You might want to not smoke anything before your medical”. Lads were shocked to know I’m straight edge and haven’t touch drink or drugs in my life 😂 so I experienced that on my line trial haha
:lol: Are you leaving a supplier to go there? I think you've said before you're at a supplier but could be getting you mixed up. Loads from our place have applied in the last couple of weeks. Hoping it will force them into giving us a decent payrise.

:lol: Are you leaving a supplier to go there? I think you've said before you're at a supplier but could be getting you mixed up. Loads from our place have applied in the last couple of weeks. Hoping it will force them into giving us a decent payrise.
I do 😂 well I was talking to the recruiter in my interview and he said he’s had 2/3 assessment days everyday this week and I was told to book my medical for Saturday but once I got through to HR I was told all the slots had gone!
30 yrs . Where are you going to work?
Not sure yet mate. I did ask in my interview where I’d be working and he said I’d be formally offered the job at my medical and I’d find out the details then

The compounds are nearly all full...what happens when they are, have they another place to take them or do they stop building

What’s the job security like at Nissan / Suppliers? Currently work for the NHS but fancied a change.

What’s the job security like at Nissan / Suppliers? Currently work for the NHS but fancied a change.
Most suppliers are struggling to recruit people so lads coming in as agency staff at our place are getting permanent contracts quicker than ever but with the parts shortages at the moment it's hard to give an answer about job security. I wouldn't be leaving a permanent role to go to a supplier if I was you.

Most suppliers are struggling to recruit people so lads coming in as agency staff at our place are getting permanent contracts quicker than ever but with the parts shortages at the moment it's hard to give an answer about job security. I wouldn't be leaving a permanent role to go to a supplier if I was you.
I’ll go back to what I’ve been told in my interview “the lads are building 300 odd cars a shift at the minute, line is speeding up so we can shift 500”

Back