Nissan

you on the side of your mate with that comment?
Aye because they changed the rules. When the hours were banked they were written off if you left as long as you worked your notice period. They let people rack up 100 hours then changed that rule.

I think getting wages on tick is an absolutely ridiculous concept which is why I take them unpaid.

Most suppliers are struggling to recruit people so lads coming in as agency staff at our place are getting permanent contracts quicker than ever but with the parts shortages at the moment it's hard to give an answer about job security. I wouldn't be leaving a permanent role to go to a supplier if I was you.
My wife works at Vantec and the office jobs there seem decent. I had an interview for a job at Komatsu but withdrew as wasn’t in a great headspace at that time.

My wife works at Vantec and the office jobs there seem decent. I had an interview for a job at Komatsu but withdrew as wasn’t in a great headspace at that time.
Komatsu is meant to be canny. Few lads have left our place to go there. I don't know what you do in the NHS but one advantage of factory work like this is you go in and do your graft then leave and forget about it until the next day. Not always that easy in NHS jobs I imagine.

Komatsu is meant to be canny. Few lads have left our place to go there. I don't know what you do in the NHS but one advantage of factory work like this is you go in and do your graft then leave and forget about it until the next day. Not always that easy in NHS jobs I imagine.
Yeah that’s true. My work itself is quite good and relaxed to a point but I’ve been here quite a while and fancied a change. Didn’t really want to work in the same location as my wife so Nissan would be ideal.

Is it just Saturdays you pay them back or all over time? Say midweek
As you owe hours it can be 1 hour during the week Monday to Thursday Days and Lates, and Saturdays on 2 shifts,

And great joy for those of us on 3 shifts Friday Nights as well as Saturdays..

Did a full year of all day Saturdays and Friday nights when we launched Qack qack,

Which meant just 3 days a month off - NOT recommended..

Reckon if they put an hour during the week and Saturdays on,

All the young un's who have been here less than 2 years and never known real graft,

Just furlough and stand downs and half line speeds and half targets will walk...

Hopefully won't be until 2023 at the earliest....

As you owe hours it can be 1 hour during the week Monday to Thursday Days and Lates, and Saturdays on 2 shifts,

And great joy for those of us on 3 shifts Friday Nights as well as Saturdays..

Did a full year of all day Saturdays and Friday nights when we launched Qack qack,

Which meant just 3 days a month off - NOT recommended..

Reckon if they put an hour during the week and Saturdays on,

All the young un's who have been here less than 2 years and never known real graft,

Just furlough and stand downs and half line speeds and half targets will walk...

Hopefully won't be until 2023 at the earliest....
My first year or so at our place was doing the Friday nights and all day Saturdays on three shifts. It was brutal especially since my daughter was only one so missed alot of time with her. Managed to save a good chunk of money though as I was earning well and had no time to spend it. :lol:

Nissan is creating THREE HUNDRED JOBS at its Sunderland plant to support imminent new electric vehicle production as part of wider £1 billion investment by the Japanese carmaker and battery partner Envision AESC.

Back