Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.

dont nissan always pull these stunts before pay negotiations ?
brexit bound to have an impact on exporters and at the same time the majority of the car industry seems to be struggling, the diesel fiasco hasn't helped at all

I’m not saying they couldn’t, I don’t really know anything about them plants, I just do not believe for one minute on a whole that they are more productive than we are.
Sunderland's productivity will mean sod all if there's disruption to the supply chain. The workers productivity will count for very little if there's no parts to assemble.

But of course, Nissan wouldn't leave even in that scenario, because of "productivity". :rolleyes:

Sunderland's productivity will mean sod all if there's disruption to the supply chain. The workers productivity will count for very little if there's no parts to assemble.

But of course, Nissan wouldn't leave even in that scenario, because of "productivity". :rolleyes:
Yeh, yeh, good luck to them keeping up with the demand! They can’t even make the Leaf which is supposed to be the future without us making certain panels on the car for them.

How am I being stupid?
What exactly do you expect in the current political and economic climate? A 10% pay rise?
I'd like a job in 5 years time nevermind anything else and I don't consider that you be bed-wetting considering the general state of the industry combined with the uncertainty of Brexit.

The announcement was there will be no pay rise next year. Apparently Sunderland is no longer the most competitive Nissan plant anymore (it's down to 6th place) meaning new lines will no longer go there automatically. The move is to try and make the plant competitive again.

Source - lass at work whose husband works there and has just rang her.

I hope you are not trying to insinuate that the Nissan Europe hierarchy are telling porkies just before pay negotiations? :lol:
Well that is what was said in the breefing this morning. Also if the UK leave the EU without a deal and revert to WTO rules that will add 3% to all parts imported and 10% to all vehicles exported.

What exactly do you expect in the current political and economic climate? A 10% pay rise?
I'd like a job in 5 years time nevermind anything else and I don't consider that you be bed-wetting considering the general state of the industry combined with the uncertainty of Brexit.
:lol: I just don’t expect man staff to pay for the poor management Nissan Europe’s had recently which they’ve all held there hands up to. I get that things aren’t great but at NMUK they spend needlessly on stuff which they don’t need or have to have and then use threats of other plants which are in the EU being able to take our jobs off us because they agreed to not take a pay cut for the next 600 years

See my post above mate. Sunderland is no longer the best Nissan plant.
Yes mate so I’m told but it’s convinent that we are now not the best Nissan plant given all that’s going on with brexit and the the two best plants have agreed to a no pay negotiations till 2020 and are both in the eu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back