Nissan

Am going for a cycle ride to chill, respect to my other fellow workers. You have done everything the company has asked of you, endless overtime, sacrificing all day saturday family and leisure time.

Am going for a cycle ride to chill, respect to my other fellow workers. You have done everything the company has asked of you, endless overtime, sacrificing all day saturday family and leisure time.
This and they’ve just threw a nice Friday night OT on in the Unit Shop, you know because they’re struggling and all that.

They've been calling stand downs on the Friday and asking lads to work the Saturday at time and a half to do painting.

It's mental man

They spend staggering sums of money painting, usually for the sake of it, some of the barriers in work are about 10mm thick in yellow paint!

There's 2 paint companies in the north east must make a killing from Nissan

From the man who was whinging a few weeks back about liebherr workers not getting their deserved pay increase and now your making smart arsed comments about people worrying about their jobs. Your a f***ing horrible man.
As i say mate,some utter wankers on here.
You have to wonder what goes through someones brain that they think it would be funny if a company that employs about 7,000 staff, not to mention the suppliers and other companies that depend on Nissan,closed the plant.

Would they still be patting each other on the back if it was a member of their direct family who was looking at losing their job....come to think of it, they probably would

They've been calling stand downs on the Friday and asking lads to work the Saturday at time and a half to do painting.

It's mental man

They spend staggering sums of money painting, usually for the sake of it, some of the barriers in work are about 10mm thick in yellow paint!

There's 2 paint companies in the north east must make a killing from Nissan
2 of our lads were in painting last saturday morning as well. Nuts, week later, practically nee build for us. Why couldn’t they wait a week????

As i say mate,some utter wankers on here.
You have to wonder what goes through someones brain that they think it would be funny if a company that employs about 7,000 staff, not to mention the suppliers and other companies that depend on Nissan,closed the plant.

Would they still be patting each other on the back if it was a member of their direct family who was looking at losing their job....come to think of it, they probably would
Has anyone on here said it would be funny? Genuine question.

Can anyone give a brief summary of what what said by Nissan management this morning?

In plain English please as many of us don't understand the internal Nissan-speak.

I honestly believe that there are posters on here that would congratulate themselves if Nissan closed the Sunderland plant.
What a bunch of sad wankers

If you're referring to remainers then you're very wrong. I think it was stupid for anyone in Sunderland to vote Brexit and I can't believe the levity with which some people treated the vote. Neither I nor any of my family work for Nissan so this doesn't touch me directly but I know how important the plant is to the town and the wider region.

If it does go pear-shaped then my feeling will be exactly like those at the end of Planet of the Apes... god damn you, damn you all to hell

Iirc last time i paid stand ups back i got paid overtime after 5 hours 20 mins mate.
That’s not what happened last time I paid them back, because the demand for engines meant we only paid 1 of 4 stand ups back.
It was also confirmed earlier this week we’d get paid full day.

If you're referring to remainers then you're very wrong. I think it was stupid for anyone in Sunderland to vote Brexit and I can't believe the levity with which some people treated the vote. Neither I nor any of my family work for Nissan so this doesn't touch me directly but I know how important the plant is to the town and the wider region.

If it does go pear-shaped then my feeling will be exactly like those at the end of Planet of the Apes... god damn you, damn you all to hell

And if the plant stays open and continues to prosper, will you accept that you were wrong ?

Or maybe to use a less loaded question, if the plant stays open and continues to prosper what will you say then ?
I don't think it was "stupid" for anyone to vote Remain, I think they simply had a different opinion.

Last edited:

Back