Nissan

If you're referring to remainers then you're very wrong. I think it was stupid for anyone in Sunderland to vote Brexit and I can't believe the levity with which some people treated the vote. Neither I nor any of my family work for Nissan so this doesn't touch me directly but I know how important the plant is to the town and the wider region.

If it does go pear-shaped then my feeling will be exactly like those at the end of Planet of the Apes... god damn you, damn you all to hell
I am in the minority of one but unfortunatly i believe in the process of democracy. If you are not going to abide the result of any vote/ referendum we might as well be living in north korea. Its like the pay negs at work. Do we keep voting until we all vote yes? Simplistic example but you get my drift.

That’s not what happened last time I paid them back, because the demand for engines meant we only paid 1 of 4 stand ups back.
It was also confirmed earlier this week we’d get paid full day.
Okay pal, not in my case then.

I am in the minority of one but unfortunatly i believe in the process of democracy. If you are not going to abide the result of any vote/ referendum we might as well be living in north korea. Its like the pay negs at work. Do we keep voting until we all vote yes? Simplistic example but you get my drift.
How do you feel about a second vote when we will know what brexit will look like?

And if the plant stays open and continues to prosper, will you accept that you were wrong ?
Any chance you can let me know what facts we've established on this thread?

How do you feel about a second vote when we will know what brexit will look like?

Any chance you can let me know what facts we've established on this thread?
If that was the consensus of the uk citizens i would have no problem with that but i think the brexit negotiators would be getting carted off in straight jackets. Jesus , i said i could not be arsed with political discussions but you have managed to reel me in.

Last edited:
If that was the consensus of the uk citizens i would have no problem with that but i think the brexit negotiators would be getting carted off in straight jackets. Jesus , i said i could not be arsed with political discussions but you have managed to reel me in.
Opinion polls show it is now the consensus of UK citizens.

Ironically, the only way to know for certain is to hold another referendum. Personally I think it would be criminal not to, especially if any deal excludes us from the single market, as (despite current claims) many prominent leavers said leaving the EU did not mean also leaving the SM.

Why are you confused?

Can anyone give a brief summary of what what said by Nissan management this morning?

In plain English please as many of us don't understand the internal Nissan-speak.
The company are not negotiating our new pay deal which would come into force in january, suspended until the outcome of brexit is determined. Thats a brief outline of it as i am off shift at moment.

Maybe it's all part of the plan to help make the plant less efficient for obvious reasons.
Nah, they do stupid shit like that all the time mate

Opinion polls show it is now the consensus of UK citizens.

Ironically, the only way to know for certain is to hold another referendum. Personally I think it would be criminal not to, especially if any deal excludes us from the single market, as (despite current claims) many prominent leavers said leaving the EU did not mean also leaving the SM.

Why are you confused?
Ahh, good old opinion polls. Might as well use gypsy rose lee’s f***ing crystal ball as far as those are concerned.

Please be careful.

This started off as a Nissan news thread on the SMB and there are plenty of other Brexit threads on the politics forum

People's jobs may be at stake here and there's a danger this could degenerate into an unsavoury "I told you so" thread.
No problem pal, duly noted

Back