Nissan Night Shift

The issue that the news overlooks is that NMUK is a success because of the concept of "locally sourced". It must be the only car manufacturer who has a network of suppliers within a few miles who make things to give them to install in the models.

It will have a massive knock on effect on them. I know because I work for one. The most important of all - the one who makes the pressed parts for the models. Without it we wouldn't have the Leaf, Qasqaui and both the current and new Juke. Unipres. Even down to agency workers (I am one) in these firms I would imagine the 2 shift rota with the ceasing of the night shift at Nissan would affect business in the suppliers and not just Nissan.

The issue that the news overlooks is that NMUK is a success because of the concept of "locally sourced". It must be the only car manufacturer who has a network of suppliers within a few miles who make things to give them to install in the models.

It will have a massive knock on effect on them. I know because I work for one. The most important of all - the one who makes the pressed parts for the models. Without it we wouldn't have the Leaf, Qasqaui and both the current and new Juke. Unipres. Even down to agency workers (I am one) in these firms I would imagine the 2 shift rota with the ceasing of the night shift at Nissan would affect business in the suppliers and not just Nissan.
Even then up to 80% of the parts come from within the European Union, with 70% of the exports going into the EU.
It does have a large network of suppliers within close proximity but the vast majority of parts for those supply chains are not made locally, or if the parts are made in the UK, the raw components are sourced from overseas anyway.

It's mostly due to the cost of producing it in the UK...also the fact that we've allowed the places that do produce them in this country either be bought by foreign investors or close down.

I voted remain but I also think Sunderland has been unfairly targeted for its leave vote.
Sunderland has been neglected for years.....like much of the north east who also voted to leave
Deindustrialised towns that's been left behind

The scary thing is, there's a whackload of buildings and initiatives in Sunderland and the NE funded by the EU. Does anyone seriously think the london centric economy will redistribute back up here to the save levels. I doubt it

The scary thing is, there's a whackload of buildings and initiatives in Sunderland and the NE funded by the EU. Does anyone seriously think the london centric economy will redistribute back up here to the save levels. I doubt it
like f***ing shite will they
He’s telling fibs they are not allowed to influence your vote I work there this never happened
they certainly attempted to influence our vote in 2016

Shouldn't be too bad for unipress mate. They're speeding the lines up so there isn't going to be a massive drop in volumes to what they are building now overall.

id have thought every supplier is as vital as the next like or you’ll have cars without wheels, engines etc.;)

I don't think London will redistribute post-brexit

But the point about EU funded buildings maybe right , but people have seen little in way of tangible changes especially around Sunderland city centre for there to be a lasting impact or legacy.
If anything the city centre seems to have stagnated for years. Not saying the EU are to blame for it, but people associate a failed economy with a failed system.....

There was no timeline mentioned.
He’s telling fibs they are not allowed to influence your vote I work there this never happened
Just going off what he told me. He's no reason to lie - maybe misunderstood what was being said? Either way, it's his livelihood that will be affected if something happens, so he's got a right to be worried.

What vote would they be trying to influence?

I don't think London will redistribute post-brexit

But the point about EU funded buildings maybe right , but people have seen little in way of tangible changes especially around Sunderland city centre for there to be a lasting impact or legacy.
If anything the city centre seems to have stagnated for years. Not saying the EU are to blame for it, but people associate a failed economy with a failed system.....

I was in Gateshead college tonight, EU funded by signs everywhere. When I was at Uni in Sunderland, pretty sure a lot of St Petes was build with EU help (social and regen funding). In terms of your point, people want an easy blame, and certain media with agenda have blamed immigrants firstly, and more lately the EU when ultimately its central govt, and to a lesser extent local govt.

Brexit is / was always about the rich, either making money or slowly removing rights to make money. It started when the EU went 'no' to Cameron asking to be excluded from the anti-tax evasion laws, months later under pressure from the ERG and others he caved to a referendum.

Back