Nissan Night Shift

Lines are speeding back up though mate so there are going to be a similar amount of cars produces as there are now.

It's a half nightshift this. 6am start would be better for me. Asked my gaffer about it and he reckons they wouldn't do that as they would have to pay more shift allowance which is a bit daft.
Hours overtime and your at work until 2 am on lates

Cant see line 1 working ot on late shift. Just briefed out today leaf sales are well down. Enough to cancel the stand ups that were planned. Any overtime would be done on earlies first

There wasn’t even a mention of Brexit in the official briefing.

Diesel downturn, emissions and power trains.

I’ll bet you a pint that we don’t leave on a no deal, I don’t think we’ll even leave at all.
I think this. Every politician in the country is terrified of being in charge as well.

Used to work then about 15 yeAr ago. Hated the overtime called at short notice. Out of the automotive industry now and at a crossroad in my life on whether to go back as an engineer for the better money.

ffs , dunno how youse cope , 1.08 finishes , bed at 3 ? how the hell do you sleep ?
I don't. Can't settle. Mind is still wired so I just toss and turn till im finally exhausted. Then get up at 12, have some bait then back to work. Living the dream. The 1:08 finish is the new time for line 1. We finish at 12:53.

I don't. Can't settle. Mind is still wired so I just toss and turn till im finally exhausted. Then get up at 12, have some bait then back to work. Living the dream. The 1:08 finish is the new time for line 1. We finish at 12:53.
Overtime until 1:53am on a Friday morning and then back in at 3pm. Makes me sick just thinking about it and I only live 5 minutes away from the place, some people I worked with travelled to Crook and Middlesbrough.

You're really putting my mind at ease here marra. Cant wait to finish at 02:10 and get up at 7am for the school run. Really excited about it.

Cant see line 1 working ot on late shift. Just briefed out today leaf sales are well down. Enough to cancel the stand ups that were planned. Any overtime would be done on earlies first
Battery Plant have been told no more packs to be built for the Leaf from November till January.

BRIEFING MEMO

To: All Employees

NOTIFICATION OF SHIFT PATTERN CHANGES

This follows the announcement yesterday from our main customer NMUK to end their 3 shift operation and move to a 2 shift operation from December 2019. We have just received this communication and will be assessing the impact over the coming weeks.

Employees currently working a 3 shift pattern are hereby given notification that they may be changing to a 2 shift or day shift pattern.

The timing of any shift pattern changes and confirmation of those employees affected will be provided on a departmental basis at the earliest possible opportunity.

Regards

GM – Finance & Purchasing

10 October 2019

To be briefed to all employees by end of shift Friday 11 October 2019

Just found this in my inbox. This is from Pin Point. My agency. Looks like it will affect Unipres too by all accounts.

Petrified for the future.

Back