Nissan Night Shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
it’s because Nissan’s here and the implications of Brexit to the automotive sector have been made clear since before the referendum but they didn’t listen. Immediately after the vote Nissan were scrambling to meet the PM for assurances they can still be competitive but they didn’t listen. Yesterday the head of Nissan’s european operations says plain as day “Nissan is unsustainable if it has to operate under the tariff system” but still they don’t listen.
The criticism of Sunderland being "Leave Capital" don't seem to mention Nissan though, I don't think half of the critics taking a pop realise how essential Nissan is to the area, because they didn't know or care about Sunderland before the vote.

It's literally because the result was announced first. Amazing how much stock people put into that fact despite it meaning absolutely fuck all in the grand scheme of things

just read the post again. It’s common knowledge that the automotive sector will be hit hard by Brexit, but it’s still just brushed off as ‘project fear‘. I thought my post was pretty self explanatory.

I understand that but who is it that isn't listening?

I understand that but who is it that isn't listening?
The daft c*nts still shouting ‘No Deal‘ when the bloke here is literally saying ‘No Deal makes us unsustainable’ and all those rubbishing any talk of Nissan being heavily hit or folding up its Sunderland operation as ‘Project Fear’.

There are negotiations ongoing, nothing has even happened and as far as I'm aware no one wants a no deal that is actually able to sort a deal out.
Who is influencing you, what are you watching or reading to come out with 'but they still don't listen'.
It was just more patronising and looking down at bollocks, that we've had three years of. All it does is entrenches people even further into their views and opinions.

The daft c*nts still shouting ‘No Deal‘ when the bloke here is literally saying ‘No Deal makes us unsustainable’ and all those rubbishing any talk of Nissan being heavily hit or folding up its Sunderland operation as ‘Project Fear’.

It doesn't matter though does it, but we do have those who talk shite from both sides.

There are negotiations ongoing, nothing has even happened and as far as I'm aware no one wants a no deal that is actually able to sort a deal out.
Who is influencing you, what are you watching or reading to come out with 'but they still don't listen'.
I think he is talking about the doyles on here mainly.

What if every manufacturer moves operations to cheaper countries to produce the cars?
The whole world is contracting.. Japan is no different to other countries, it will protect Japanese companies by cutting back on investments overseas.. Honda, VW, Fiat, Seat, , Ford, Chrysler etc all have started to contract their overseas operations globally, that was published in one journal only last week (cant recall which one) about the reduction in manufacturing capacity across all of the globe. I believe ,the last I read, it is only Land Rover that are looking to extend their operation, based on cost per unit, overseas.
The Nissan plant is no different to all of those companies that have came in before ,took the advantages of interest free loans and favourable conditions given by government, Siemens at Cobalt is a prime example for one...took the money to set up , ran a few years then shut the operation down and moved back to Germany.. This, with all of the tech and machinery, paid for by the UK tax payer.

BBC business editor Simon Jack just signed off his report saying Brexit makes closure of the plant more a probability than a possibility. Don't think anyone in Nissan has explicitely said that! Might be a lot people speculating on it but pretty poor reporting.
Standard far left reporting by The BBC. Scaremongering again.......

The whole world is contracting.. Japan is no different to other countries, it will protect Japanese companies by cutting back on investments overseas.. Honda, VW, Fiat, Seat, , Ford, Chrysler etc all have started to contract their overseas operations globally, that was published in one journal only last week (cant recall which one) about the reduction in manufacturing capacity across all of the globe. I believe ,the last I read, it is only Land Rover that are looking to extend their operation, based on cost per unit, overseas.
The Nissan plant is no different to all of those companies that have came in before ,took the advantages of interest free loans and favourable conditions given by government, Siemens at Cobalt is a prime example for one...took the money to set up , ran a few years then shut the operation down and moved back to Germany.. This, with all of the tech and machinery, paid for by the UK tax payer.
The British introverted outlook always assumes that we are the only ones getting hard done by. The German automotive industry is shitting itself over No Deal as tariffs introduced by us on their exported cars would have a drastic effect. The French have been rioting for what seems like a year now. China and Japan have slowed to a crawl. It's just the cycle of industry. Brexit or No Brexit. These things will happen.

The British introverted outlook always assumes that we are the only ones getting hard done by. The German automotive industry is shitting itself over No Deal as tariffs introduced by us on their exported cars would have a drastic effect. The French have been rioting for what seems like a year now. China and Japan have slowed to a crawl. It's just the cycle of industry. Brexit or No Brexit. These things will happen.
As I said, its a global slow down and reconstruction of lots of foreign business.

Fuck nars, keep blaming brexit and pretending it has nothing to do with the EU.

When you have an answer for why you think they wasted 10 years lobbying for a trade deal they didn't want or need... let me know.
You were told why a few posts up thread and replied with wtf has that got to do with anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back