Nirvana’s MTV Unplugged

Didn't he say being a dad was a reason for doing himself in. Something to do with him not be able to bear the thought of a child being innocent and perfect being born into a corrupt and imperfect world?

Whatever you think of his music, he was a right f***ing fanny wasn’t he.

"You either die a hero or you live long enough for Courtney Love to shoot your ass dead"

My first ever festival was 92. His f***ing drummer is one of the biggest rock stars on the planet and even he refuses to do his shit. f***ing love the guy.

Reading festival 1991 was my first festival and seen them and I'd only ever heard a few songs.... Reading 1992 they headlined!!!! Special times

Last edited:
Went to see elvana last year at the academy and they were proper class. I Hadn’t listened nirvana properly since been a youngin but when you hear those songs played through a live rig you can’t help but just lose your shit :lol:
All apologies is a masterpiece like

Superb band. Probably went out at the right time too. The music scene is still alive and kicking mind, it's just you got older and the music business has changed (so there won't be another movement or band "kicking down the door") .

Mind, Nirvana weren't exactly original and clearly 'borrowed' from the likes of Pixies. Still brilliant though.
When bands made it, they made it. Full national attention. New music styles changed the world.

Those days have gone.

:lol: That should be on his headstone
His half a head stone?

If Kurt had lived they would have only gotten bigger IMO, they appealed to the masses.
I don’t think they did in the way you think though. Ask man in the street to name 3 nirvana songs and they probably can’t. I was the right age and demographic (student indie rock kid) at the time but I didn’t explore them beyond a taped copy of Nevermind. I’ve still never listened to Bleach or Incesticide.

Last edited:
His half a head stone?

I don’t think they did in the way you think though. Ask man in the street to name 3 nirvana songs and they probably can’t. I was the right age and demographic (student indie rock kid) at the time but I didn’t explore them beyond a taped copy of Nevermind. I’ve still never listened to Bleach or Incesticide.
Wow :eek:.

His half a head stone?

Lithium for example has 168m listens on Spotify. For a release that is nearly 30 years old, that a lot of people will own on cd shows how big they are/were

Lithium for example has 168m listens on Spotify. For a release that is nearly 30 years old, that a lot of people will own on cd shows how big they are/were
Aye but that’s what I mean. Millions of people bought Nevermind - a lot of them just cos it was fashionable - but didn’t listen to anything else by them.

Back