Nirvana’s MTV Unplugged

If Kurt had lived they would have only gotten bigger IMO, they appealed to the masses.

With every big band it doesn't last forever. They had also consciously moved away from the more commercial sound of Nevermind when they made In Utero, which didnt make waves like Nivermind did for that reason. The more they moved away from that sound the more they'd have faded in terms of appeal (to the masses).

With every big band it doesn't last forever. They had also consciously moved away from the more commercial sound of Nevermind when they made In Utero, which didnt make waves like Nivermind did for that reason. The more they moved away from that sound the more they'd have faded in terms of appeal (to the masses).
Still had some class songs on it, alas well never know - RIP Kurt fella :(.

Still had some class songs on it, alas well never know - RIP Kurt fella :(.

It had many class songs (it's my fave album of theirs) but the production style was purposely moving away from a polished sound back to a more raw sound (its what Kurt wanted). Which as I said made it less appealing to the masses.

Last edited:
Cobain was a massive fan of The Fall. I remember seeing ex bass player Steve Hanley do a Q and A thing at The Deershed festival a few years ago where he said that Cobain wanted to "hang out with The Fall" on a US tour circa 91 but Mark E Smith wouldn't let him on the tour bus cos he had long hair :lol:

Who knows, he could have gotten clean, he could have reinvented himself and the band.
Aye he was always chasing that broad-base commercial success

Cobain was a massive fan of The Fall. I remember seeing ex bass player Steve Hanley do a Q and A thing at The Deershed festival a few years ago where he said that Cobain wanted to "hang out with The Fall" on a US tour circa 91 but Mark E Smith wouldn't let him on the tour bus cos he had long hair :lol:
Steve Hanley's book is class

Sounds like a right cock, nothing wrong with long hair ffs :neutral:.

Had he not popped a cap in his own ass back in '94 he'd have deed off the brown imo.
Unless fatherhood saved him and made him see the light, what do I know

Had he not popped a cap in his own ass back in '94 he'd have deed off the brown imo.
Unless fatherhood saved him and made him see the light, what do I know

Didn't he say being a dad was a reason for doing himself in. Something to do with him not be able to bear the thought of a child being innocent and perfect being born into a corrupt and imperfect world?

Didn't he say being a dad was a reason for doing himself in. Something to do with him not be able to bear the thought of a child being innocent and perfect being born into a corrupt and imperfect world?
Canny selfish of him if so, his bairn has suffered greatly due to his actions tbf.

Back