Nice part of sunderland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinking of moving back to sunderland,been away for 25+ year,currently living in a decent part of west-London,nice part to be honest,but I always enjoy the quieter life and slower speed of life "back home" my mam had four kids,we all moved to different parts of the country and abroad,one moved back to peterlee of all places.The rest of us are still scattered,used to live in Hendon then south hylton (the worst part) but yeah,long story short,gotten divorced and got a few quid to buy,wheres nice nowadays?I remember as a kid anyone who lived in High Barnes was god-like status and must be loaded (we thought anyone with a bought house was loaded),but I went up chester road a few years ago to High Barnes and it didn't look all that.Pennywells disappearing?Plawsy square has gone so that's not an option :lol:

Sr6 8

Thank me later mate

Where's the OP gone?
Been out mate,had a coffee in Twickenham,I am genuine fletch but a 5 bed has no appeal for me,and the gardens too much upkeep,a two bed is fine,not in a rush,i am going away for a while so be up sunny sunderland in around 6 weeks for a look around.

Where in West London are you currently? Are you living in an area which is benefitting from the upsurge in prices because of Crossrail?
I am actually on the thames mate,sunbury,not far from Shepperton,weybridge,staines area,prices are climbing at a steady old rate,cant complain.

Last edited:
Been out mate,had a coffee in Twickenham,I am genuine fletch but a 5 bed has no appeal for me,and the gardens too much upkeep,a two bed is fine,not in a rush,i am going away for a while so be up sunny sunderland in around 6 weeks for a look around.

I am actually on the thames mate,sunbury,not far from Shepperton,weybridge,staines area,prices are climbing at a steady old rate,cant complain.
Why not rent and get a feel for a certain area. In the meantime rent out the London property.

I was always brought up to believe they were in Hendon mate,as a kid I remember them called the Hendon garths,mind you I must have been maybe 6 when we left there so maybe a false memory?

Thinking of moving back to sunderland,been away for 25+ year,currently living in a decent part of west-London,nice part to be honest,but I always enjoy the quieter life and slower speed of life "back home" my mam had four kids,we all moved to different parts of the country and abroad,one moved back to peterlee of all places.The rest of us are still scattered,used to live in Hendon then south hylton (the worst part) but yeah,long story short,gotten divorced and got a few quid to buy,wheres nice nowadays?I remember as a kid anyone who lived in High Barnes was god-like status and must be loaded (we thought anyone with a bought house was loaded),but I went up chester road a few years ago to High Barnes and it didn't look all that.Pennywells disappearing?Plawsy square has gone so that's not an option :lol:

There is no worst part. Thats what we told people to keep the scratters away, they've all gone to SR6 as we started that rumour too.

Because my ex old-lady is having half the cash,i know sunderland,i was born there,just want a bit of a quieter life mate.
I came back .. bought a flat in Christchurch (sorry Ashbrooke if youre an estate agent)... Id like to be able to buy a full house of course, in Cleadon... Id even opt for a house where I am as I love the old buildings despite how cold they can get in the winter...

I came back .. bought a flat in Christchurch (sorry Ashbrooke if youre an estate agent)... Id like to be able to buy a full house of course, in Cleadon... Id even opt for a house where I am as I love the old buildings despite how cold they can get in the winter...
Can't beat the old Edwardians. They knew how to build proper houses.

Whats ashbrooke like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back