Nice part of sunderland?

Jon Dough

Winger
Thinking of moving back to sunderland,been away for 25+ year,currently living in a decent part of west-London,nice part to be honest,but I always enjoy the quieter life and slower speed of life "back home" my mam had four kids,we all moved to different parts of the country and abroad,one moved back to peterlee of all places.The rest of us are still scattered,used to live in Hendon then south hylton (the worst part) but yeah,long story short,gotten divorced and got a few quid to buy,wheres nice nowadays?I remember as a kid anyone who lived in High Barnes was god-like status and must be loaded (we thought anyone with a bought house was loaded),but I went up chester road a few years ago to High Barnes and it didn't look all that.Pennywells disappearing?Plawsy square has gone so that's not an option :lol:

Made up account?Why?Not made up at all mate,born in the garths,mam and dad split up,some sort of halfway house down on hylton road near pallion is a distant memory,that was for a couple of weeks till we got a house in South Hylton,pennywell comp,then left sunny sunderland,hows that made up?

Go Deep South... Portsmouth is much nicer...
I go to pompey now and again shopping at Gunwharf,thats about it,dont really like the place mate.

Last edited:
Made up account?Why?Not made up at all mate,born in the garths,mam and dad split up,some sort of halfway house down on hylton road near pallion is a distant memory,that was for a couple of weeks till we got a house in South Hylton,pennywell comp,then left sunny sunderland,hows that made up?

I go to pompey now and again shopping at Gunwharf,thats about it,dont really like the place mate.
How much do you have to spend ?

I have a few quid mate,early 50's so don't want to spunk a load of cash,want to put a bit away in a retirement pot,just asking about nice areas in the city that's all,i will move back,get up there maybe once a year,it always feels like coming home.

I have a few quid mate,early 50's so don't want to spunk a load of cash,want to put a bit away in a retirement pot,just asking about nice areas in the city that's all,i will move back,get up there maybe once a year,it always feels like coming home.

Don't waste your money, find a nice village with 10 miles of Sunderland

Thinking of moving back to sunderland,been away for 25+ year,currently living in a decent part of west-London,nice part to be honest,but I always enjoy the quieter life and slower speed of life "back home" my mam had four kids,we all moved to different parts of the country and abroad,one moved back to peterlee of all places.The rest of us are still scattered,used to live in Hendon then south hylton (the worst part) but yeah,long story short,gotten divorced and got a few quid to buy,wheres nice nowadays?I remember as a kid anyone who lived in High Barnes was god-like status and must be loaded (we thought anyone with a bought house was loaded),but I went up chester road a few years ago to High Barnes and it didn't look all that.Pennywells disappearing?Plawsy square has gone so that's not an option :lol:
This post seems like a half baked attempt be a WUM, don't rise to the bait.

Don't waste your money, find a nice village with 10 miles of Sunderland
I remember fatfield was nice,why do you say its a waste of cash mate?The city has a metro,university,it all seems refurbed since I left,parts of ford and pennywell have vanished,my old street in south hylton has been bulldozed and rebuilt from scratch,theres a nice feel to the place.

Back