Nice part of sunderland?

Made up account?Why?Not made up at all mate,born in the garths,mam and dad split up,some sort of halfway house down on hylton road near pallion is a distant memory,that was for a couple of weeks till we got a house in South Hylton,pennywell comp,then left sunny sunderland,hows that made up?

I go to pompey now and again shopping at Gunwharf,thats about it,dont really like the place mate.
Why did you mention Hendon? Any specific road / street?

If you want new homes then Miller homes are building new houses in seaburn and think siglion are also.

As someone mentioned there is a decent choice in the south of Sunderland between Doxford park and Ryhope - think the southern housing corridor or something - this includes potters hill (chapelgarth / moorside way).

Some modern housing being built on Humbledon Hill which I’m guessing will have some impressive views. Humbledon Hill, Sunderland 4 bed detached house - £535,000

Alternatively I’f you’ve got higher expectations then probably worth looking in Whitburn / cleadon or housing at the ramside hall golf course (not Sunderland of course).

Thinking of moving back to sunderland,been away for 25+ year,currently living in a decent part of west-London,nice part to be honest,but I always enjoy the quieter life and slower speed of life "back home" my mam had four kids,we all moved to different parts of the country and abroad,one moved back to peterlee of all places.The rest of us are still scattered,used to live in Hendon then south hylton (the worst part) but yeah,long story short,gotten divorced and got a few quid to buy,wheres nice nowadays?I remember as a kid anyone who lived in High Barnes was god-like status and must be loaded (we thought anyone with a bought house was loaded),but I went up chester road a few years ago to High Barnes and it didn't look all that.Pennywells disappearing?Plawsy square has gone so that's not an option :lol:

High Barnes defo the place to be :cool:

thats been up for sale for ages , 1 a couple of doors down was up for sale for about 2 year , quite a busy road strawberry bank now

Some modern housing being built on Humbledon Hill which I’m guessing will have some impressive views. Humbledon Hill, Sunderland 4 bed detached house - £535,000

Alternatively I’f you’ve got higher expectations then probably worth looking in Whitburn / cleadon or housing at the ramside hall golf course (not Sunderland of course).

be windy as owt on top of humbledon hill , would agree about whitburn village and cleadon , some nice ones along coxgreen also

whats the OPs budget ?

Last edited:
I have a few quid mate,early 50's so don't want to spunk a load of cash,want to put a bit away in a retirement pot,just asking about nice areas in the city that's all,i will move back,get up there maybe once a year,it always feels like coming home.
Queen Alexandra road from Eye infirmary to the Barnes and the streets off there for me .Bit more rural consider slightly out ,Burdon,seaton ,boldon ,seaham etc .Parts of herrington but its a bit cliquey
nice quiet dead end this street
Nilverton Avenue, Ashbrooke, Sunderland | Andrew Craig Estate Agents

This post seems like a half baked attempt be a WUM, don't rise to the bait.
If he is and my genuine reply helps his little tiddler stiffen from some kind of feeling he's succeeded that's fine with me

Last edited:
I have a few quid mate,early 50's so don't want to spunk a load of cash,want to put a bit away in a retirement pot,just asking about nice areas in the city that's all,i will move back,get up there maybe once a year,it always feels like coming home.

Where in West London are you currently? Are you living in an area which is benefitting from the upsurge in prices because of Crossrail?

Back