NFL 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could see the Colts trading back for more picks, they have holes all over the roster. But everyone is gonna like Barkley and if he's there at 3...

If was a GM there is no way I’d ever take a running back that high in the draft even if he was the second coming of Barry Sanders

If was a GM there is no way I’d ever take a running back that high in the draft even if he was the second coming of Barry Sanders

Don't get that at all, better to take a quality player than reach for someone just because of position. I bet the Cowboys don't regret selecting Zeke 4th overall, but they will regret taking Mo Claiborne at 6th overall a few year earlier.

Don't get that at all, better to take a quality player than reach for someone just because of position. I bet the Cowboys don't regret selecting Zeke 4th overall, but they will regret taking Mo Claiborne at 6th overall a few year earlier.

Not all picks work out but the talent drop off is lowest among running backs coming out of college and you can get a quality starter in the 3rd/4th round.

The current CBA means you can get a more valued position on a cheaper rookie contract (i.e. a corner back or left tackle) rather than a running back who wouldn’t offer the same cap advantage. Teams that strike lucky can then build more roster depth that way.

You’re right though in the respect that it’s entirely possible Barkley could be a real difference maker.

Jets traded upto 3. Traded with Colts - gave up our 6th pick, 2 second rounders this year and a 2nd next year.

f***ing c'mon
You want to hope you're not using all of that for Josh Allen! A lot to risk when Rosen and Darnold could be gone by then but guess they have to do it.

Mathieau has gone to the Texans for one year and $7m, seems a steal for the Texans.

Last edited:
You want to hope you're not using all of that for Josh Allen! A lot to risk when Rosen and Darnold could be gone by then but guess they have to do it.

Mathieau has gone to the Texans for one year and $7m, seems a steal for the Texans.

Guarantees us one of Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield, which I'm happy with. Be astonished and ill if it's Allen!

Definitely Baker, surely

Well I reckon Darnold goes first to Browns. Then all depends on Giants.

If they take Rosen (or trade to Bills to take Rosen) then it's Mayfield. If they take Barkley, then we take Rosen I think.

Either way, good move by us. Surprised we done it without giving up next years first tbh.

Should have a good season with Watson and Watt returning.

Why the fear over Allen? I think I’d rather have him than Rosen or Mayfield.

It’s a decent move for the Colts that as well, there’s every chance they could get the same player at 6 that they would have taken at 3.

Last edited:
Should have a good season with Watson and Watt returning.
On paper they've got a very good team, quality players in most areas just depends on injuries.

It’s a decent move for the Colts that as well, there’s every chance they could get the same player at 6 that they would have taken at 3.
Just look at Allen's college stats, they're awful last year he was 85th in yards per attempt and 83rd in completion percentage physically he's the perfect quarterback but has a lot of work to do to be a great quarterback and quarterbacks that inaccurate coming out of college don't tend to be a success.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Colts trade down again they basically did nowt this free agency and have holes all over their team.

Reactions: Sid

Looks the perfect QB on paper, but his performances mean he'd need a hell of a lot of development. Basically, he's got the biggest risk factor.

Rosen looks already as good as pro-ready. Mayfield not quite as much but still seems a lot further ahead than Allen.

Darnold obviously is class too, but he'll be gone by time we pick.

Not sure why I'm getting excited; whoever we draft will end up busting, then the Pats will draft Rudolph or Falk at 31 and he'll be the second coming of christ. Just the way these things work.

With the Jets trading up to 3 you’d think either they don’t fancy Darnold or they’re confident Barkley goes number 1 and they get the pick of the bunch. Rumour is that they really like Mayfield but not sure they’d have needed to move up to 3 for him. Although with the Bills looking to trade up again they probably need to make sure they stay ahead of them to get who they want.

With the Jets trading up to 3 you’d think either they don’t fancy Darnold or they’re confident Barkley goes number 1 and they get the pick of the bunch. Rumour is that they really like Mayfield but not sure they’d have needed to move up to 3 for him. Although with the Bills looking to trade up again they probably need to make sure they stay ahead of them to get who they want.

Apparently they looked into trading to 1 and 2, and couldn't. They also are supposed so like all the big 3 so this trade guarantees at least one of them.

Word has it our draft board is;

Rosen
Darnold
Mayfield

Assuming the Browns take Darnold @1, then it's either Rosen or Mayfield. All depends on what Giants do with their pick.

Apparently they looked into trading to 1 and 2, and couldn't. They also are supposed so like all the big 3 so this trade guarantees at least one of them.

Word has it our draft board is;

Rosen
Darnold
Mayfield

Assuming the Browns take Darnold @1, then it's either Rosen or Mayfield. All depends on what Giants do with their pick.

Read this article a little earlier, sounds like they’ve done their homework on them all over the last year at least. Think the Giants take Barkley if he’s there at 2, if not they either take Nelson or trade back with the Bills.

Jets Trade Up to #3: It’s Been the Plan for Months

Packers defensive leader, played a lot of last season as an extra linebacker, good tackler, I think he might have played as a slot corner a few times.

Thought the Packers might have re-signed him after Mathieu only got $7m, but I guess it's onwards and upwards with Josh Jones.
Just $5m a year able to cover tight ends and most likely means we don't re-sign Mitchell, I like this signing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back