NFL 2018

I'm a rare jets fan who actually thinks the free agency players will do well .. But we better get Baker or Allen at 6 aswell!!

We did do well mate, fairly well I reckon. Just lost Sefarian Jenkins so need a tight-end now too.

Be astonished if we don't draft a QB round one mind. Mccagnan will be as good as gone if that happens.

Aaron Rodgers realizes leaving Packers is possible

I know he hasn't officially said I'm off but we all know if we bomb this season he's gonna have to take a hard look at what he wants to do

Given that the Packers can tag him at the end of his contract the chances of him leaving next year are 0%

From the Jets perspective I’m disappointed about Cousins but not massively upset. The roster isn’t strong enough for him make the team a contender and there is still the option of a QB in the draft. McCown will be a solid starter next season regardless.

Only worry is that the Jets aren’t loaded with picks and can see the Bills trading up with the Colts to get a QB meaning the first choice might not be there. I still wouldn’t mind the Jets trading back to later in the 1st and taking Lamar Jackson.

For any newer fans looking at the money being handed out in free agency the key is too look at the guaranteed money. Most of these 4-5 year deals are actually 1-2 year deals with team options for the remaining years

Last edited:
Raiders cutting Crabtree for Jordy Nelson, poor decision by the Raiders imo unless it saves them a fair bit of money.

$8m saved and no dead money, plus he was Dropsey McDroppyson last year as well as the injury and disciplinary issues. Nelson is an adequate replacement (and possible upgrade if he can stay healthy) and they'll probably go for another in the 2nd/3rd round of a deep WR draft.

Doug Martin is an upgrade at RB too.

Two league average starters brought in on D as well, which is a huge uptick on last seasons shambles.

IT'S OUR YEAR LADS.

I see Jerry and company have managed to fuck up the salary cap again, when will this grim reaper looking **** realise he’s a clueless loon and actually hire a qualified GM?

Given that the Packers can tag him at the end of his contract the chances of him leaving next year are 0%

From the Jets perspective I’m disappointed about Cousins but not massively upset. The roster isn’t strong enough for him make the team a contender and there is still the option of a QB in the draft. McCown will be a solid starter next season regardless.

Only worry is that the Jets aren’t loaded with picks and can see the Bills trading up with the Colts to get a QB meaning the first choice might not be there. I still wouldn’t mind the Jets trading back to later in the 1st and taking Lamar Jackson.

For any newer fans looking at the money being handed out in free agency the key is too look at the guaranteed money. Most of these 4-5 year deals are actually 1-2 year deals with team options for the remaining years
Jets have to trade up now which is going to make it hard to get any other meaningful signings in the draft with how many picks it's probably going to take to beat the Bills.

Jets have to trade up now which is going to make it hard to get any other meaningful signings in the draft with how many picks it's probably going to take to beat the Bills.

I guess the only way to trade up is to offer pick from next year. Will all depend on if the Colts habe talent in this draft that they really like

Packers sign Bears CB Kyle Fuller to an offer sheet. He was transition tagged so the Bears have 5 days to match it or he joins the good guys.

:eek:

Get your hands off our Kyle. You bastards.

Fullers an interesting one mind and is a major risk. Had a good rookie year but didn’t play at all in his third season resulting in DC Fangio calling him out and more or less saying he is mentally weak. He was brilliant last season in his contract year.

I think he will remain a Bear but we will probably have to pay him more than what we wanted.

:eek:

Get your hands off our Kyle. You bastards.

Fullers an interesting one mind and is a major risk. Had a good rookie year but didn’t play at all in his third season resulting in DC Fangio calling him out and more or less saying he is mentally weak. He was brilliant last season in his contract year.

I think he will remain a Bear but we will probably have to pay him more than what we wanted.

Wouldn't be surprised if that makes this a win-win for the Packers. Being a sad bastard I had a look on a Bears forum and they were confident they'll match the offer too.

In fact the Bears already ARE matching it. :lol:

Last edited:

Back