NFL 2018

Only just getting into American Football after watching my first Super Bowl and absolutely loving it. Have chosen to follow the Jets as New York is the only place in America I've ever visted, and they seem appropriately awful. The fan meltdown which has accompanied every single signing both missed and completed so far has reassured me I've made the right choice and I'm sure it's going to start with a glorious run to a historic Super Bowl win... :neutral:

Judging by your comments, guessing you've been on some Jets forums. If so.......how angry is everyone? There's some serious rage going on in them. We think WE have engrained negativity and fury as Sunderland. Nowt on them!

Ask him who those two young presenters were, middle 80s

:lol:;)

I've found them

The Vicious Boys

Memories

go riggins

Here he is at his pomp

What a post to kick off this thread. For the younger fans we were getting the results from the previous week as games were kicking off
@RokerLegend

It was a classic for me in respect to how the bears were that season.

I admired the pats for getting ten points v that defence

The original miracle in Minesota. An injured McMahon comes on to save the games, calls an audible (see Ditka/Harbough for what happens if you change iron mikes call and it doesn’t come off), nearly falls flat on his face and is about to get wiped out when the legend Walter Payton makes the perfect block allowing to him to throw the ball to Gault.

That team should have won at least three superbowls.

Canny boring being a Steelers fan when its free agency, they never sign anyone for a big contract and with not having much salary cap they certainly aren't for this one! Can't complain Kevin Colbert has used this approach for near 20 years and it's got us 2 superbowls and a near consistent good team just from drafting well.

They don’t want ‘a’ QB, they need to draft their QB. To us outsiders we look and see 4 viable QB’s but teams won’t like all 4, they won’t all fit the system they want to play. If Dorsey only likes 1 or 2 of them, he’d be a fool to wait until 4 to pick his man. Barkley is a massive talent but a RB is at the top of his game for about 5 seasons. The Browns need to pick their franchise QB for potentially the next 15 years. That’s too important to let other teams pick their man first.

Besides, signing Hyde in free agency suggests we won’t be drafting Barkley imo.

Barkley is the outstanding player in the draft..the four QB’S predicted to go high..it's a lottery..people are saying Mayfield then others say he's too small..i just think the Browns will pick Barkley then there'll still be at least 2 of the predicted 4 QB's to go at.

Seems a strange one to me. Is he even better than Trevor Simian or did he just look good with the Vikings’ impressive Offense around him?

I presume the Broncos will still be looking to draft a QB. It’s a tricky call for the Broncos and Jets in this draft. There’s so many QB needy teams that they might not get what they want just by sitting at 5 and 6.

The Browns will take a QB and I expect the Bills to trade up to number 3 or 4. If someone gambles big and offers the Giants a hefty package to get the number 2 pick then there may be nothing left for the Jets at 6. I’ve got a strong feeling that the 4 main QB’s are selected in the top 5 or 6.

Good summary. Fwiw I agree about QB - take your QB at 1. Barkley is amazing....but he is a running back. You've just signed a very good one and there's plenty very good ones later in the draft. Not the same for QB.

In terms of draft, I think you go Darnold at 1. Then Giants keep their number 2 and go Barkley (if you go Barkley at 1, I think Giants may trade).

Then it gets confusing. I think Broncos stick at 5 and take whichever QB falls. I think both the Jets and the Bills try to trade into 3/4.

Attraction of Bills is offering more picks. Attraction of Jets is there picks are more valuable/higher.

So if, for the example, The Colts love Chubb they could possibly trade with Jets and still likely take Chubb at 6. Ditto Browns/Fitzpatrick.

Otoh, if Colts want as many picks as possible to reload their terrible roster, they may go Bills.

As you can tell, I've spent a lot of time lately reading about the draft!!!!

Canny boring being a Steelers fan when its free agency, they never sign anyone for a big contract and with not having much salary cap they certainly aren't for this one! Can't complain Kevin Colbert has used this approach for near 20 years and it's got us 2 superbowls and a near consistent good team just from drafting well.

That’s the best way Chris - generally means you have drafted well in recent years

Good summary. Fwiw I agree about QB - take your QB at 1. Barkley is amazing....but he is a running back. You've just signed a very good one and there's plenty very good ones later in the draft. Not the same for QB.

In terms of draft, I think you go Darnold at 1. Then Giants keep their number 2 and go Barkley (if you go Barkley at 1, I think Giants may trade).

Then it gets confusing. I think Broncos stick at 5 and take whichever QB falls. I think both the Jets and the Bills try to trade into 3/4.

Attraction of Bills is offering more picks. Attraction of Jets is there picks are more valuable/higher.

So if, for the example, The Colts love Chubb they could possibly trade with Jets and still likely take Chubb at 6. Ditto Browns/Fitzpatrick.

Otoh, if Colts want as many picks as possible to reload their terrible roster, they may go Bills.

Fascinating isn’t it. Browns go 1 and 4 and in between you have the Giants and Colts. Colts don’t need a QB so they for me are primed to trade down. Even the Giants might go best player available as Eli should be good for another 2 years.

Potentially the Browns could get the best QB at 4 allowing them to draft best player at 1. But do you run the risk of picking only to see the Bills trade with Indy or the Giants and snatch your QB.

Last edited:
Wey, I've been waiting for this to turn back up :cool:

Free agency hasn't been kind to the pats i.e everyone has fucked off :lol:

Sad about Amendola, guy was class in play offs.

I actually think the Browns will do well this year :eek: they've recruited well pre draft. I don't get Tyrod never getting any love with the bills, they never seemed to rate him and lets not forget what happened when they started Peterman.. :lol:

Browns to make the play offs is my bold prediction.

Tyrod just couldn't throw the ball down the field. Used to miss easy reads and in general wasn't good enough in the pocket. Really showed against the Jags in the play offs. He was a good scrambler and good at keeping broken plays alive. I think the team over the last few years is a lot better than people think.

Good to see we have you worried. Can only imagine what the Jets front office is like

I can relate to that last sentence mate, goes with the territory of supporting a team that is currently poor. This is a Browns fans favourite time of year when the hope is still alive :lol:

I agree with your analysis there. The number 6 pick would be a great landing spot for teams moving down but the Bills could package together a lot more (along with the 12 and 22 picks, they have another 3 in the first 65). That could be tempting to the Browns who might like to use that 22nd pick on a potential Joe Thomas replacement.

1)QB, 12)DB, 22)OT, 33)RB, 35)WR would be almost perfect for the Browns and given the draft projections, we could get a player near the top of each category at those picks.

As for the QB, I think Darnold is the consensus number 1, but I’ve just got a feeling that Allen may end up being the guy.

That’s the best way Chris - generally means you have drafted well in recent years

Fascinating isn’t it. Browns go 1 and 4 and in between you have the Giants and Colts. Colts don’t need a QB so they for me are primed to trade down. Even the Giants might go best player available as Eli should be good for another 2 years.

Potentially the Browns could get the best QB at 4 allowing them to draft best player at 1. But do you run the risk of picking only to see the Bills trade with Indy or the Giants and snatch your QB.

Yeah, the Giants are the real odd one. Nobody really has a clue what they'll do - they could feasibly trade, draft RB or guard to help Eli or draft his replacement to sit and learn.

I'll be astonished if the Colts pick at 3. It'll be Jets or Bills in there imo. Also think there's a very good chance the other one picks at 4.

Good to see we have you worried. Can only imagine what the Jets front office is like

Haha, fair play. To be honest I have generally had little faith in our front office but I think they've done a decent job in FA. Maybes they're getting their act together.

I can relate to that last sentence mate, goes with the territory of supporting a team that is currently poor. This is a Browns fans favourite time of year when the hope is still alive :lol:

I agree with your analysis there. The number 6 pick would be a great landing spot for teams moving down but the Bills could package together a lot more (along with the 12 and 22 picks, they have another 3 in the first 65). That could be tempting to the Browns who might like to use that 22nd pick on a potential Joe Thomas replacement.

1)QB, 12)DB, 22)OT, 33)RB, 35)WR would be almost perfect for the Browns and given the draft projections, we could get a player near the top of each category at those picks.

As for the QB, I think Darnold is the consensus number 1, but I’ve just got a feeling that Allen may end up being the guy.

Yeah I know lots love Allen - big risk to take a QB at 1 with his accuracy issues.

See Dorsey wasn't at Mayfields Pro Day, and isn't doing Rosens. Surely puts Darnold and Allen up ahead

Last edited:
Judging by your comments, guessing you've been on some Jets forums. If so.......how angry is everyone? There's some serious rage going on in them. We think WE have engrained negativity and fury as Sunderland. Nowt on them!
Just been looking at the replies when a journalist tweets about anyone Jets are after/have signed/have missed out on. It reminds me a lot of this forum actually, but x10.

Pretty much a newbie to the NFL but always followed the Eagles after studying there one summer when I was at uni.

Have now moved to Canada a few months ago and really got into the playoffs.

We are out west so could get to Seattle for games so planning a trip this year.

Dunno who to support will see who is shite and go that way as following a good team feels unnatural

When has an elite Quarterback ever decided (or asked) to leave a team who are paying him what he's worth and are a contender every year he plays?
He’s probably got 2-3 seasons left in him so this might be his final payday contract. He will be looking for a sweet deal.

Back