Next time Stewie comes out of hiding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ainsworth isn't as good as most think he is, he's an irritating hoof merchant who will get found out eventually given the sum total of his tactics is to lump it forward and get his players to go down in dangerous positions, once teams start countering that, he'll be found out massively.
plus he's a odious greasy haired tit who looks like Rumpelstiltskin from Once upon a Time

Or in real life most fans still really like him. The tiny minority that moan on here dislike him
That's because most fans are just happy to hear what they want to hear regardless of if what's being said is truth or lie. Just look at the Reiver situation on here. Some people just aren't smart enough to see what's right in front of them.

Still no coherent argument and to why Parky is any good I see.
When in Rome. Some might think such arguments would be as pearls cast before blind, deaf & wilfully uncomprehending swine. Responding to ad hominem, straw man stuff, better left alone. If you can't see that (which, clearly, judging by your responses, you can't) then this exchange has already outlasted its worth.

Reactions: Nig
When in Rome. Some might think such arguments would be as pearls cast before blind, deaf & wilfully uncomprehending swine. Responding to ad hominem, straw man stuff, better left alone. If you can't see that (which, clearly, judging by your responses, you can't) then this exchange has already outlasted its worth.

As expected. You won't present it because you can't. Woeful.

Nothing ad hominem about asking you to state why you think he is a good manager and are happy about it.

You've managed to regurgitate a lot of big words you don't really grasp though so you get a point for effort.

Last edited:
The support can only be galvanised so much in this league. If he made a bad start, the pressure would build immediately. When Phillips has something else noteworthy on his CV other than scored a lot of goals for us, he can be seriously considered for the job.

Other than goals for us, he has great experience as a player and had the opportunity to learn from multiple prem-champ managers throughout his career. He knows what a high level player should have and needs in terms of mentality and capability and I would expect has very good contacts in the game due to many moves and longevity. Has experience as a coach, so a decent understanding of what is required by a manager from non-playing perspective and likely up-to-date strategies. He has a reputation that will motivate the fans and hopefully the players and although this is potentially short term, it cant be disregarded relative to other candidates/Parkinson. Phillips hasn’t a track record, but who has before their first chance ?
btw, i was not a Phillips advocate, just pointing out what he could bring other than being a playing legend.

....which I doubt will happen soon, he should be asked point blank why he thinks Parkinson is better than Stendel, Ainsworth or even Phillips (none of those seem unrealistic) and made to defend the appointment. We are already back to just getting a press release from the club and no dialogue because they know they're a f***ing disgrace and their decision making is a joke.

I haven't heard one supporter say they're happy about Parkinson, or even defend him based on anything concrete. He's had two promotions from this division in 16 seasons at this level. Nothing other than blind faith could lead you to believe he is a good choice.

Don't expect him to ever be asked but would love to hear him try to justify it.

He was the cheapest appointment I reckon mate can't understand why WILLING candidates like Strendal and Pearson were over looked

Other than goals for us, he has great experience as a player and had the opportunity to learn from multiple prem-champ managers throughout his career. He knows what a high level player should have and needs in terms of mentality and capability and I would expect has very good contacts in the game due to many moves and longevity. Has experience as a coach, so a decent understanding of what is required by a manager from non-playing perspective and likely up-to-date strategies. He has a reputation that will motivate the fans and hopefully the players and although this is potentially short term, it cant be disregarded relative to other candidates/Parkinson. Phillips hasn’t a track record, but who has before their first chance ?
btw, i was not a Phillips advocate, just pointing out what he could bring other than being a playing legend.

You'd think a couple of slick PR experts as they appeared this time last year, would have considered this

You're missing the point. There isn't one....which is why I'd prefer we went with someone more forward thinking who would play to our strengths and try to entertain while winning.
I’d rather win matches and get out of this division. Despite the fact that i think Donald and Methven are making a hash of things football wise I cant argue with the thinking about selecting a manager with a track record of escaping this division and being in the one above us. Parkinson wouldn’t have been my initial choice but from speaking to those who’ve worked with him he’s well thought of. I’m more concerned we won’t in improving our players in January if needed due to the board’s caution and profit forecasts.

Phillips at least "might" be good. Parkinson is 100% bonafide mediocrity.

Ainsworth has little old Wycombe giving us a lesson and sitting in second.

Stendel won promotion just last season, ahead of us.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to give Parky the gig other than he's desperate and won't cost much or cause a fuss.
You don't like him I'm guessing!

The vocab might sound clever if you could employ it properly or present a compelling argument at all.
Ah, in that case, perhaps you could be so kind as to point out my grammatical errors? I'm always keen to learn. On second thoughts, perhaps it's better if you don't bother. You've already demonstrated your limitations. I intended making a brief appearance with the sole purpose of demolishing your nonsensical, overblown point, which was achieved with ease. Now, you're seeking to draw me into the depths of your intellectual sewer, but I shall not be lured, you little rascal, you.

You have chosen your username aptly, Sir. Place your eyeglass to your blind eye, looking over the churning white caps towards Copenhagen:

"I see no ships." Or, if you favour accuracy over sentiment: "I really do not see the signal."

As expected. You won't present it because you can't. Woeful.

Nothing ad hominem about asking you to state why you think he is a good manager and are happy about it.

You've managed to regurgitate a lot of big words you don't really grasp though so you get a point for effort.
You insist with your tedium. I've asked you thrice not to put words into my mouth, yet you persist, tending to support my initial assessment that you are incapable of listening to, absorbing or understanding any other point of view than your own. There is nothing quite as frustrating as engaging with one whose thoughts are already ossified.

Please (1) identify & then (2) descend to detail regarding the words you assert I don't understand. I will then respond, albeit against my better judgement.

Reactions: Nig
You insist with your tedium. I've asked you thrice not to put words into my mouth, yet you persist, tending to support my initial assessment that you are incapable of listening to, absorbing or understanding any other point of view than your own. There is nothing quite as frustrating as engaging with one whose thoughts are already ossified.

Please (1) identify & then (2) descend to detail regarding the words you assert I don't understand. I will then respond, albeit against my better judgement.
I think he wants a badge. Just send him a badge ....
Logon or register to see this image

He was the cheapest appointment I reckon mate can't understand why WILLING candidates like Strendal and Pearson were over looked

None of us were in the room when the candidates were interviewed, so none of us know what the other hopefuls said. We certainly don't know that Parkinson was the cheapest option or that it was the reason he was hired. It's just speculation, and not particularly thoughtful speculation at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back