Next time Stewie comes out of hiding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone tweeted ‘Roker Report’ and asked them if Donald would be doing a podcast soon.

They said they’ve been told information would only be released by club statements from now on.
Cop out very disappointing. He’s not daft like I’ll give him that.

They came in and said we have to stop needing a benefactor like Ellis and work in a sustainable manner.

One year later, we need a benefactor.
we only need that to stop the trend of wasting money on players who have left that have to pay for over the next 3 years on stupid contracts issued under the Short era

Surely we need to wait and see how Parkinson does. He certainly wasn't my choice but he did a good job at various clubs getting promotion etc. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that he turns us around. Yesterday was a performance of a Jack Ross team. Obviously he needs to get a win on tuesday but your post comes across as someone willing him to fail.

The facts you quote - 2 promotions in 16 seasons at this level - are incorrect which shows you as giving misleading information to make his managerial career look worse than it actually is. If you look accurately he's had 14 seasons at various levels - 3 promotions, 2 unsuccessful play offs, a league cup final with a 4th tier team, 3 seasons where he has saved clubs from expected relegation. His record is actually that most seasons as manager he has over achieved. However, that does not fit you narrative so you twist the facts. I'm not saying that he's my choice or that he definitely will succeed but your post is quite a bit more of a disgrace that the people you want to have a go at. Very poor.

Two promotions from this division in a career spanning a decade and a half is the relevant bit.

I don't see how cup runs are at all and indicator he will do well in the league. His record of avoiding relegation might come in handy like.

Someone tweeted ‘Roker Report’ and asked them if Donald would be doing a podcast soon.

They said they’ve been told information would only be released by club statements from now on.

The bloke is morphing into a skint version of Ellis Short.

Last edited:
Surely we need to wait and see how Parkinson does. He certainly wasn't my choice but he did a good job at various clubs getting promotion etc. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that he turns us around. Yesterday was a performance of a Jack Ross team. Obviously he needs to get a win on tuesday but your post comes across as someone willing him to fail.

The facts you quote - 2 promotions in 16 seasons at this level - are incorrect which shows you as giving misleading information to make his managerial career look worse than it actually is. If you look accurately he's had 14 seasons at various levels - 3 promotions, 2 unsuccessful play offs, a league cup final with a 4th tier team, 3 seasons where he has saved clubs from expected relegation. His record is actually that most seasons as manager he has over achieved. However, that does not fit you narrative so you twist the facts. I'm not saying that he's my choice or that he definitely will succeed but your post is quite a bit more of a disgrace that the people you want to have a go at. Very poor.

I agree with this like. He wouldn't have been my choice but let's be honest, we weren't exactly turning down Guardiola to get him. He's here now and I'll support him until he gives reason not to. Yesterday was shit, but as you say that was virtually a Ross team, two training sessions won't be enough to even begin to change things. By Christmas he needs to have had an impact and we need to look better if we're to have genuine hope of top two, play offs has to be an absolute minimum in terms of his remit, but there's nothing to be gained by getting on the blokes back straight away; he's not going anywhere and if he randomly did leave after about 3 months we'd get even less serious applicants for a role that would be looking like an absolute poisoned chalice

Two promotions from this division in a career spanning a decade and a half is the relevant bit.

I don't see how cup runs are at all and indicator he will do well in the league. His record of avoiding relegation might come in handy like.
Not when he hasn't spent the whole of that time in this division it isn't, e.g. one year out of his three at Bolton were in this league and he took them up in that season.

Only ones that would work in retrospect because the damage is done in appointing Parkinson.

I'd have given the job to a manager who'd focus on the best aspects of our game since we came down (passing it around quickly and getting the ball to the creative players, in good positions, as often as possible) as his priority. Then bringing in a decent defensive coach to get the back four well drilled and combative.

Instead we have a dour, one dimensional manager who will make us more regressive and achieve even fewer wins. Just about the worst type of appointment they could make.

Cheap by all accounts though.

The way you've been whingeing on this thread, you have absolutely no right to complain that someone else is dour. :lol:

Everyone knows he wasn't the man most fans would have chosen. There's just no need to bang on about it like a spoiled child.

Nobody's saying "pretend he's good". We're saying let's see what happens instead of getting your knickers wet.

Looked no different to the football we were playing under Ross. And why should it? The new guy just got here. Getting players used to new tactics takes a bit longer than two days. :lol:
No. It's called my opinion.
The players are shit man you can’t change that over night regardless of who the manager is
He did. The football was worse. Long ball after long ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back