New Stadium Measures

Because there’s a shortage of staff in the ticketing department.

I’ve only noticed a big problem with overcrowding since we came back after covid.

As I said, ask Steve Neil next time you speak to him, I’m sure he’ll be able to explain. I just post what I know.
There is no reason that COVID should be blamed for a lack of staff today.
There are people wanting jobs and COVID excuses shoulda disappeared months ago giving ample time to recruit

And there we have it. So safety inside the ground, or queueing outside of it, is subject to if the club can be arsed to sort out ticketing.

Lovely.

Last Sunday it would certainly have helped if we’d had an efficient ticket office to stop the issues being issues in the first place.

I don’t think they’re anything to do with the netting. The issue there is Steve Davison and his constant desire for “cost benefit analysis” bollocks.
There is no reason that COVID can be blamed for a lack of staff today.
There are people wanting jobs and COVID excuses shoulda disappeared months ago giving ample time to recruit

I didn’t say that covid was the reason for a lack of staff?

Last Sunday it would certainly have helped if we’d had an efficient ticket office to stop the issues being issues in the first place.

I don’t think they’re anything to do with the netting. The issue there is Steve Davison and his constant desire for “cost benefit analysis” bollocks.

I didn’t say that covid was the reason for a lack of staff?

I know and tbf I'm not talking about the north stand stuff in this case. More the SGSA only seems to matter when they decide it suits them (if there has been any SGSA contact at all).

Whether there has or hasn’t been, I think the changes to the RE are a good move.

They should apply them to the whole ground and they shouldn't be dependant on North standers being attacked, queues or the SGSA.

They should have the foresight not to blame these things on everyone else. And they damn well sure shouldn't be bullshitting people to kick a can down the road.

So the two highlighted problems are away fans throwing objects on the home fans below and the solutions to mitigate that; plus overcrowding and poor behaviour of some home fans in the area that used to be occupied by the away fans in the South Stand.

It would seem to me if the away fans were relocated back to their original area then both issues are solved in one fell swoop.

Basically these are measures introduced for idiots who can’t behave or do the simple task of sitting where they have a ticket for.

To whinge about it makes no sense to me

So the two highlighted problems are away fans throwing objects on the home fans below and the solutions to mitigate that; plus overcrowding and poor behaviour of some home fans in the area that used to be occupied by the away fans in the South Stand.

It would seem to me if the away fans were relocated back to their original area then both issues are solved in one fell swoop.
Probably create a massive problem with fans in the SS having to give up their seats.

Basically these are measures introduced for idiots who can’t behave or do the simple task of sitting where they have a ticket for.

To whinge about it makes no sense to me
Leaving the house 10 minutes earlier to allow for queues at the bottom of the U37 and U36 aisle while fans get the tickets checked. No biggie for me.

Which measures?
Well obviously the ticket checking to make sure you shouldn’t be where you shouldn’t be.

“You’re not in this block mate”

Should be met with “ahh right aye I’ll go where my ticket is, sorry”

But will probably be met by the people who’ve caused these measures with summit like “but my f***ing marra is there and I wanna stand next to him”

Not acceptable and a safety issue,

Which won’t be comprehensible for those lads

How would moving the away fans stop the bad behaviour of our fans ?

Given that the South Stand is almost completely full of season card holders where would you intend putting them - there are over 30,000 season ticket holders in the lower bowl. How many do you think would have to relocate to accommodate away supporters. Would you simply relocate people to vacant seats or give them a choice ? Its just not a simple thing to do and in the foreseeable future there is absolutely no will by either the club or the police to do it.

Well obviously the ticket checking to make sure you shouldn’t be where you shouldn’t be.

“You’re not in this block mate”

Should be met with “ahh right aye I’ll go where my ticket is, sorry”

But will probably be met by the people who’ve caused these measures with summit like “but my f***ing marra is there and I wanna stand next to him”

Not acceptable and a safety issue,

Which won’t be comprehensible for those lads

And the measures to stop people in north stand being glassed?

I take it the SWC is not included in the restrictions? That's how I read it anyway.
South West corner is included so not sure whether I'll be able to use my normal turnstiles - 1 and 2 - and have a pint in the West stand before the game although it does say freedom to exit and return.

How would moving the away fans stop the bad behaviour of our fans ?

Given that the South Stand is almost completely full of season card holders where would you intend putting them - there are over 30,000 season ticket holders in the lower bowl. How many do you think would have to relocate to accommodate away supporters. Would you simply relocate people to vacant seats or give them a choice ? Its just not a simple thing to do and in the foreseeable future there is absolutely no will by either the club or the police to do it.

It sounds like hes saying the problems seem to be North stand upper and south stand so if you stick north stand upper in south stand and south stand in north stand upper it solves both problems.

I'm not arsed where away fans are fwiw as long as we are protected.

And the measures to stop people in north stand being glassed?
Is a separate issue.

I apologise for not clarifying the measures comment.

As a north stand season ticket holder, who’s been hit by a pound coin in the head by Portsmouth lot, I don’t think nets will help and I’m not that bothered. It won’t make me move seats and I don’t think nets are that feasible or would work cos coins would still happen. We’re talking one or two games season and I’m realistic to just move on. Simply ban Coventry fans next season ( which will mean no away tickets for us, so be it)

Is a separate issue.

I apologise for not clarifying the measures comment.

As a north stand season ticket holder, who’s been hit by a pound coin in the head by Portsmouth lot, I don’t think nets will help and I’m not that bothered. It won’t make me move seats and I don’t think nets are that feasible or would work cos coins would still happen. We’re talking one or two games season and I’m realistic to just move on. Simply ban Coventry fans next season ( which will mean no away tickets for us, so be it)

Not fussed about coins tbh. I've sat at St James before and been hammered with them.

Glass bottles are a different matter though. Wouldn't fancy being hit by one of those from 100 foot. An extra pyro dog won't stop that.

The head safety officer wants netting btw but the club keep ignoring him.

It sounds like hes saying the problems seem to be North stand upper and south stand so if you stick north stand upper in south stand and south stand in north stand upper it solves both problems.

I'm not arsed where away fans are fwiw as long as we are protected.

And the relocation of thousands won‘t cause any issues ? It would be a huge logistical exercise to relocate home and always supporters and I’d bet it would cost an absolute fortune. The simplest thing to sort out the Upper North is to spend £15k on a net. That’s absolutely no necessity to move anyone.

And the relocation of thousands won‘t cause any issues ? It would be a huge logistical exercise to relocate home and always supporters and I’d bet it would cost an absolute fortune. The simplest thing to sort out the Upper North is to spend £15k on a net. That’s absolutely no necessity to move anyone.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with him tbf.

Back