New Stadium Measures

all of the measures mentioned today are positive steps in the right direction.

There's no need for the vast number of meltdowns.

The meetings to discuss the North Stand & the Roker End happened one after the other on the same day (The North Stand meeting was first) so why have people decided that the club are prioritising one over the other or using one to deflect from the other? It's total nonsense.

Anything that keeps wer safe will help, been thinking of attending the match in a hard hat and body armour. It's also worrying that we could be drowned in piss or smeared with bags of watery faeces.

Because they will be checking tickets at the bottom of the aisles in the South Stand and some of the stewards will check them a lot slower than others.

Won't make much odba difference though if half the people don't turn up there.

The meetings to discuss the North Stand & the Roker End happened one after the other on the same day (The North Stand meeting was first) so why have people decided that the club are prioritising one over the other or using one to deflect from the other? It's total nonsense.

Appreciate this is what you've been told.

These measures could have been done years ago and don't really affect missiles being thrown down in the north though.

And as someone with a decade of investigating bullshit (including corporate bullshit) there's red flags all over.

Up to people if they want to swallow it or not tbh.

Last edited:
So the two highlighted problems are away fans throwing objects on the home fans below and the solutions to mitigate that; plus overcrowding and poor behaviour of some home fans in the area that used to be occupied by the away fans in the South Stand.

It would seem to me if the away fans were relocated back to their original area then both issues are solved in one fell swoop.

Aye, just move 5,000 season ticket holders 😂😂
Out of interest where do you sit?

These measures could have been done years ago and don't really affect missiles being thrown down in the north though.

And as someone with a decade of investigating bullshit (including corporate bullshit) there's red flags all over.

we'll see tomorrow.

I repeat. There's no need for the various meltdowns.

Half the people🤣🤣🤣, there's a few rows at the back.

That’s lovely, it’s the club that have put it all in one statement. Why not release one yesterday etc.
I know the answer is they aren’t competent enough to think logically.

We will see tomorow in what way? How is one game a benchmark?

How often is the North Stand an issue?

I was mainly referring to the Roker End.
That’s lovely, it’s the club that have put it all in one statement. Why not release one yesterday etc.
I know the answer is they aren’t competent enough to think logically.

the initial plan was to release on Wednesday. I presume they changed their minds because we had a game and the media team didn't want to detract from their match schedule.

I don't know why they need to be released seperately?

Last edited:
Ah well, at least the South stand is sorted - provided there isn't any queues to be uploaded on twitter.

An issue with away fans and missiles?

is it not a positive that the Roker End is sorted (provided tomorrow goes well)? I don't know why you're trying to turn that into a negative.

The North Stand won't be an issue tomorrow because we aren't playing Coventry. I don't sit in that end though but I don't believe this stuff happens more than once or twice a season? Is that right?
I'm just going off what the clubis claiming tbf. It's clearly more of an issue than people in North being glassed. Seems odd if there's barely anyone.

they are both equally an issue hence why the club are tackling both. There's absolutely nothing in any statement released today or at any point that suggests one is more of an issue than the other. You've decided that's the case and now stating it as fact.

Last edited:
is it not a positive that the Roker End is sorted (provided tomorrow goes well)? I don't know why you're trying to turn that into a negative.

The North Stand won't be an issue tomorrow because we aren't playing Coventry. I don't sit in that end though but I don't believe this stuff happens more than once or twice a season? Is that right?

I'm not trying to turn it into a negative. Ehat is negative is it has taken 8 (?) years and has cime immediately after people in the north stand has had enough. It's also came secondary to an easily dispersed possible extended queue sonit comes across as lip service.

The north stand has potential to go off at any time. Just takes one knacker. I still don't even think it maiming someone was deliberate by Cov. Jusy utter stupidity.

Hillsborough happened once. Let's pretend that's fine as well.
There you go again, no one said "barely anyone"

So somewhere in between half and barely anyone. So if all those people don't queue the queue will be shorter?

Last edited:
I'm just going off what the clubis claiming tbf. It's clearly more of an issue than people in North being glassed. Seems odd if there's barely anyone.
The two are totally unrelated, and shouldn't have been in the same statement, precisely because of the meltdowns it's caused. Realistically, it's impossible to solve fully the problem in the North Stand in a fortnight. The Rocker End fix is comparatively straightforward.

Back