New Stadium Measures

I'm not trying to turn it into a negative. Ehat is negative is it has taken 8 (?) years and has cime immediately after people in the north stand has had enough. It's also came secondary to an easily dispersed possible extended queue sonit comes across as lip service.

The north stand has potential to go off at any time. Just takes one knacker. I still don't even think it maiming someone was deliberate by Cov. Jusy utter stupidity.

Hillsborough happened once. Let's pretend that's fine as well.

no-one is pretending anything is fine mate but I don't know what you want the club to do. You've said 5 minutes ago that tomorrow can't be used as a benchmark because it's one game etc so what can the club do to prove that they're bothered?

The overcrowding issue has been discussed internally for months. The decision has been made to tackle it this season. This season is one home game old and they're tackling it already. That deserves credit.

How often is the North Stand an issue?

I was mainly referring to the Roker End.

the initial plan was to release on Wednesday. I presume they changed their minds because we had a game and the media team didn't want to detract from their match schedule.

I don't know why they need to be released seperately?
For the exact reason which has occurred.

Both stands have an issue, one has been hugely vocal, so the club spend 20% of a stantment giving lip service to the north stand and the other 80% dealing with a problem that only those in the south really know about.
Stinks of sloping shoulders

I'm not trying to turn it into a negative. Ehat is negative is it has taken 8 (?) years and has cime immediately after people in the north stand has had enough. It's also came secondary to an easily dispersed possible extended queue sonit comes across as lip service.

The north stand has potential to go off at any time. Just takes one knacker. I still don't even think it maiming someone was deliberate by Cov. Jusy utter stupidity.

Hillsborough happened once. Let's pretend that's fine as well.

So somewhere in between half and barely anyone. So if all those people don't queue the queue will be shorter?
We won't know till tomorrow as it will be first time such stringent measures will have been taken.
It has happened before in a half hearted way but I believe the club will clamp down tomorrow and its all new territory.

no-one is pretending anything is fine mate but I don't know what you want the club to do. You've said 5 minutes ago that tomorrow can't be used as a benchmark because it's one game etc so what can the club do to prove that they're bothered?

The overcrowding issue has been discussed internally for months. The decision has been made to tackle it this season. This season is one home game old and they're tackling it already. That deserves credit.

The overcrowding issue has gone on for nearly a decade and they are now only arsed because an external group has got involved mate.

Their safety concerns are none existent.
We won't know till tomorrow as it will be first time such stringent measures will have been taken.
It has happened before in a half hearted way but I believe the club will clamp down tomorrow and its all new territory.

Agree with that.

For the exact reason which has occurred.

Both stands have an issue, one has been hugely vocal, so the club spend 20% of a stantment giving lip service to the north stand and the other 80% dealing with a problem that only those in the south really know about.
Stinks of sloping shoulders

But again I ask how often does the north stand become an issue? The Roker End is a safety issue every single week. How does that compare with the North?

Both issues were discussed at great length this week, on the same day. Stadium security are aware of the issues and must tackle both equally (hence why combining the statement makes sense).

The club have clearly decided that they are 'stadium issues' and I would agree.

As someone who barely ever reaches his seat in the Roker End as there's 5 to a seat at every seat along the row, I'll be able to tell immediately if they've successfully tackled the Roker End.

I'm sure the North Stand will feedback positively if tomorrow goes off without an issue...

The Roker End restrictions includes SWC. Anyone know whether normal turnstiles will be available to us? Eg. 1-4. Or are we going to have to walk through the South Stand to get to our seats using 55-62?

But again I ask how often does the north stand become an issue? The Roker End is a safety issue every single week. How does that compare with the North?

Both issues were discussed at great length this week, on the same day. Stadium security are aware of the issues and must tackle both equally (hence why combining the statement makes sense).

The club have clearly decided that they are 'stadium issues' and I would agree.

As someone who barely ever reaches his seat in the Roker End as there's 5 to a seat at every seat along the row, I'll be able to tell immediately if they've successfully tackled the Roker End.

I'm sure the North Stand will feedback positively if tomorrow goes off without an issue...

The north stand has been an issue since the first set of away fans threw missiles…..
It’s not a two week old issue.

Both are safety concerns, one is easily managed, the other will cost money.

The Roker End restrictions includes SWC. Anyone know whether normal turnstiles will be available to us? Eg. 1-4. Or are we going to have to walk through the South Stand to get to our seats using 55-62?

I might be speaking out of turn and making this up but I don't think the restrictions do include SWC?
The north stand has been an issue since the first set of away fans threw missiles…..
It’s not a two week old issue.

Both are safety concerns, one is easily managed, the other will cost money.

Agreed with this.

Mind for the last 4 seasons we've had 150 Accrington Stanley or Rochdale fans up there. I can see why the club were reluctant to invest in a netting structure on a league one budget with those numbers.

Last edited:
I might be speaking out of turn and making this up but I don't think the restrictions do include SWC?

Agreed with this.

Mind for the last 4 seasons we've had 150 Accrington Stanley or Rochdale fans up there. I can see why the club were reluctant to invest in a netting structure on a league one budget with those numbers.

Nah they don’t. Turnstiles 1-4 aren’t effected, neither are blocks U15 onwards.
Statement says U13 to U40 so that includes SWC. I'm in U15. So looks like less turnstiles for more fans?

The blocks don’t run in order. If you look at a stadium map, it goes (from SEC to SWC) u12, u13, u14, u37, u38, u39, u40, u15, u16, u17.

The restrictions only cover 13-40.

Why the stadium is designed like that I’ll NEVER know.

Last edited:

Agreed with this.

The only real problems have been with Coventry and Pompey. Morecambe may have thrown one pyro. We've had 3,000+ Bradford, Luton and Wednesday fans up there with zero issues.

Today is another example of the club trying to solve one problem, but because other problems exist they can’t do right for doing wrong.

The ticket office and the north stand are massive issues and should be solved asap (should’ve already been done in my opinion).

That doesn’t mean solving the RE problem isn’t a good thing. It’s like when the club post good news about the u13s on twitter and people kick off that we’ve not signed anyone.

Statement says U13 to U40 so that includes SWC. I'm in U15. So looks like less turnstiles for more fans?

We've spent today in the stadium setting up for tomorrow and had a walk through to see if we could work it out. I think it's U39 to U14 as that's where the stretchy barriers are. U39 is the last block before the SWC and U14 is the last block of the Roker End (I think) so that would make sense. I'm aware that the statement says something totally different.

if your season card is for the SWC then it won't (or shouldn't) work in turnstiles 55-62 and there'll be a barrier preventing access once inside.

@DonaldDownTheWing will be able to clarify and tell me I'm talking nonsense.

Back