New Music Releases Thread

If you didn't listen to Scott Hutchison's last album then you really should. Video came out for one of the songs this week.

Still my favourite song of the year.

I'm off to Uruguay tomorrow so not sure I'll much time to listen to these in the next week but this week we have albums from All That Remains, Architects, Cupcakke, Hanson, Imagine Dragons, J Masic, Jeff Goldblum, Laura Jane Grace & the Devouring Mothers, Lil Peep, Mark Knopfler, Muse, Old Wounds, Olly Murs, Rhett Miller, Steve Aoki, Charles Bradley, The Wave Pictures, Benjamin Folke Thomas, Straight Arrows, Liela Moss, Larkin Poe, Meg Baird & Mary Lattimore and Beast.

Of last week's releases, the Marianne Faithfull album is a definite highlight.
agreed mate.
only j appeals this week there

I'm off to Uruguay tomorrow so not sure I'll much time to listen to these in the next week but this week we have albums from All That Remains, Architects, Cupcakke, Hanson, Imagine Dragons, J Masic, Jeff Goldblum, Laura Jane Grace & the Devouring Mothers, Lil Peep, Mark Knopfler, Muse, Old Wounds, Olly Murs, Rhett Miller, Steve Aoki, Charles Bradley, The Wave Pictures, Benjamin Folke Thomas, Straight Arrows, Liela Moss, Larkin Poe, Meg Baird & Mary Lattimore and Beast.

Of last week's releases, the Marianne Faithfull album is a definite highlight.
Laura Jane Grace, Larkin Poe and J Mascis for me this week.

WTF does Jeff Goldblum sound like on record? Although TBF I did enjoy the David Duchovny album earlier this year

A proper pre-Christmas week for new stuff this week... albums from Anderson Paak, City Girls, Eiko Ishibashi, John Mellencamp, Leikeli47, Little Mix, Mariah Carey, Mumford & Sons, P.O.D., Ryley Walker, Smashing Pumpkins, The Good The Bad & the Queen, Mickey Bubbles, Jaden Smith and Hen Ogledd (Richard Dawson and friends).

A proper pre-Christmas week for new stuff this week... albums from Anderson Paak, City Girls, Eiko Ishibashi, John Mellencamp, Leikeli47, Little Mix, Mariah Carey, Mumford & Sons, P.O.D., Ryley Walker, Smashing Pumpkins, The Good The Bad & the Queen, Mickey Bubbles, Jaden Smith and Hen Ogledd (Richard Dawson and friends).
Anderson.Paak and Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness for me this week. The last AMITW was a pop masterpiece IMO so really looking forward to this one.

I have a half day off work so might have time to give Ryley Walker and Smashing Punpkins a spin too, possibly The Good The Bad and The Queen as well.

What time do you call this?

It was 9:51am for me here in glamorous Montevideo...

Anderson.Paak and Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness for me this week. The last AMITW was a pop masterpiece IMO so really looking forward to this one.

I have a half day off work so might have time to give Ryley Walker and Smashing Punpkins a spin too, possibly The Good The Bad and The Queen as well.

I meant to mention that the Ryley Walker album is a cover of a Dave Matthews band album... (and it got 5/10 from Uncut)

Last edited:
jaden f***ing smith :rolleyes:

If you didn't listen to Scott Hutchison's last album then you really should. Video came out for one of the songs this week.
Still my favourite song of the year.

My fave album so far, too.

New Twilight Sad single, VTr, came out a couple of days ago

Saw Los Campesinos! a couple of nights ago - excellent (10th Anniversary) show. Looked back on here and didn't see them mentioned on the October 12 list, but they reissued 2 albums - Hold On Now Youngster (remaster - deluxe double with bonus disc of B-sides and EP tracks) and We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed (remaster)

Missed this by about three months, but after only two days spinning this I may have potentially found my favourite album of the year - Haiku Salut & There is No Elsewhere...

Back