New Music Releases Thread

Review Mr Ben & The Bens, Beige Banquet, Horsebeach and the Fourth Wall please

Specially requested review part 2:

The Waterboys: 93 tracks showcasing the development of This is the Sea, which remains a cracking album. Certainly interesting but probably for the fans.
The Telescopes: tracks from 2013 that have now seen the light of day and been polished. A bit post-rock, a bit Spacemen 3, pretty good.
The Fourth Wall: I like this a lot Melodic indie rock with a lot of hooks.
Horsebeach: interesting. Basically, one of those bands who are sort of a solo act. Stylistically quite diverse.
Mr Ben & the Bens: the most obviously indie jangle release of recent times. Enjoyable.
Beige Banquet: post-punk from London. High quality throughout.

Album of the week stays with Sam Lee.

I've got a full on day at work tomorrow so going to Friday's new releases today. It's a busy week with albums from Adrianne Lenker, Elbow, Empress Of, Future X Metro Boomin, Gary Clark Jr, Gossip, Jlin, Julia Holter, Kenny Chesney, Lauren Hibberd, Matt Champion, Maynard James Keenan, Odetta Hartman, Prefuse 73, Saint Saviour, Shakira, The Staves, Waxahatchee, Charlie Parr, Aoife O'Donovan, Not Me But Us, Halo Maud, Sam Evian, Rosali, Les Big Byrd, The Jesus & Mary Chain and Francis Of Delirium.

I've got a full on day at work tomorrow so going to Friday's new releases today. It's a busy week with albums from Adrianne Lenker, Elbow, Empress Of, Future X Metro Boomin, Gary Clark Jr, Gossip, Jlin, Julia Holter, Kenny Chesney, Lauren Hibberd, Matt Champion, Maynard James Keenan, Odetta Hartman, Prefuse 73, Saint Saviour, Shakira, The Staves, Waxahatchee, Charlie Parr, Aoife O'Donovan, Not Me But Us, Halo Maud, Sam Evian, Rosali, Les Big Byrd, The Jesus & Mary Chain and Francis Of Delirium.
Could be a good week this. Logic1000 has her/their debut record out as well.

Been listening all morning to the superb Not me But us record.
Electronica, downbeat, post classical stuff.

If that’s your thing, you’ll love this.

Looking forward to Adrianne Lenker, also to add to the others that Four Tet album is a banger.

Not sure on that new FWF single mind.
Listened to Adrianne Lenker yesterday and I think it’s really good. Opening track is ballsy and then it goes from strength to strength. Not a massive fan of the reworked Vampire Empire version on there but the rest is very solid

Really enjoying the villagerrr record. Lo-fi midwest type stuff.

Waxahatchee didn't grab me immediately, but I find that her records end up growing into your brain and getting stuck there for ages.

Rosali is very good.

Haven't got around to Adrianne yet. Rosie Tucker is on the list as well.

Back