New Music Releases Thread

If we’re doing our top 5:
- Adrianne Lenker
- Birthmark
- Bill Ryder-Jones
- Four Tet
- Prize Horse

Special shout outs for The Smile and Hooray For The Riff Raff who might be up there come the end of the year it’s just those 5 really stand out to me

I don't mind the Jamc album. I'm looking forward to the Ride album, what they've released so far from it sounds quite synthy (a bit like Andy Bell's solo stuff) @mad cyril
Ride album is a solid 7/10, decent.
JAMC had me wanting to jump out of my apartment window, mind.
Top 5 so far, been a canny start plenty of contenders.

1. David Nance and mowed sound
2. Rosali
3. Waxahatchee
4. J Mascis
5. Sleater Kinney
1. Idles
2. Shed Seven
3. Cast

Those are currently the albums I've most been impressed with this year, up to now. Honorable mentions for The Blinders, Shambolics, Reytons and Bleachers too. Biggest disappointment so far has to be Snuts or MGMT, for me.

Looking forward to Libertines, Black Keys, Vampire Weekend and Good Cop Bad Cop this coming Friday!

Last edited:
Bill Ryder-Jones
Gruff Rhys
Liam Bailey
Birthmark
Sprints

My top 5, I think.
Bill Ryder-Jones
Gruff Rhys
Liam Bailey
Birthmark
Sprints

My top 5, I think.

There are new albums tomorrow from Bob Vylan, Conan Gray, Dana Gavanski, Grace Cummings, Gustaf, Jane Weaver, Kanye West & Ty Dolla $ign, Katie Pruitt, Khruangbin, Marcus King, Mount Kimbie, Old 97s, Palace, Pernice Brothers, Phosphorescent, Sinkane, Still Corners, The Black Keys, The Libertines, Vampire Weekend, Hawkwind, House of All, Under the Bridge 2 (a compilation of bands who recorded on Sarah Records), Anoushka Shankar, Broken Chanter and Cedric Burnside.

Last edited:
Bill Ryder-Jones
Gruff Rhys
Liam Bailey
Birthmark
Sprints

My top 5, I think.

There are new albums tomorrow from Bob Vylan, Conan Gray, Dana Gavanski, Grace Cummings, Gustaf, Jane Weaver, Kanye West & Ty Dolla $ign, Katie Pruitt, Khruangbin, Marcus King, Mount Kimbie, Old 97s, Palace, Pernice Brothers, Phosphorescent, Sinkane, Still Corners, The Black Keys, The Libertines, Vampire Weekend, Hawkwind, House of All, Under the Bridge 2 (a compilation of bands who recorded on Sarah Records), Anoushka Shankar, Broken Chanter and Cedric Burnside.
Surely you should have used an Oxford comma after Broken Chanter?

Surely you should have used an Oxford comma after Broken Chanter?
Maybe Arkle is a big Vampire Weekend fan.
Bill Ryder-Jones
Gruff Rhys
Liam Bailey
Birthmark
Sprints

My top 5, I think.

Bobby Vylan is the big one for me tomorrow. Old 97s, Khruangbin and The Libertines (don’t judge me) will all get a few spins too!

Last edited:
Only 4 albums I really like this year are the pretty obvious ones already stated

Four Tet
Adrianne Lenker
The Smile
Paranoid London

Tried with the few suggested like Mannequin Pussy, Sprints, The Last Dinner Party. Just done nowt for me sadly. I’m probably in a bit of a slump for new music at the moment as the new FWF stuff has done nowt for me as well.

Bill Ryder-Jones
Gruff Rhys
Liam Bailey
Birthmark
Sprints

My top 5, I think.

Khruangbin, Still Corners, Black Keys, Vampire Weekend & Hawkwind for me please Bob. Followed by any recommendations from your weekly review @Arkle - meister

Last edited:

Back