New Music Releases Thread

It seems like another quiet week for new stuff. There are albums from Calvin Harris, Kasabian, Lauv, Neil Young (a live album), The Flatliners,Luke Schneider (well, his Imaginational Anthems comp) and Grave Lines.

Give us a chance. Not that it was worth bothering with really.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It seems like another quiet week for new stuff. There are albums from Calvin Harris, Kasabian, Lauv, Neil Young (a live album), The Flatliners,Luke Schneider (well, his Imaginational Anthems comp) and Grave Lines.

Give us a chance. Not that it was worth bothering with really.
The Interrupters as well, for some reason Epitaph records and their subsidiaries can be hit and miss for appearing on Metacritic and the like.

There was a new Orbital compilation released last week called 30 Something. A belated 30th anniversary celebration. Some new stuff on it alongside classics re-recorded and remixes. Worth hearing if you ever enjoyed them.

Last edited:
The two Axel Boman albums from earlier in the year are worth a listen if you missed them considering there's pretty much nowt this week. Quest For Fire is good, LUZ is top ten and maybe top five for me so far this year. Only about 80 minutes between the two of them.

Some new singles from the past week or so:

Ribbon Stage - Playing Possum - had a great EP out a couple of years back and have an album out in October. Very late 80s girl-fronted indie.

2nd Grade - Strung Out On You - made one of my favorite albums of a couple of years ago. Very Teenage Fanclub stuff from Philly. Album out in September

New Mountain Goats single - Mark On You - third single from upcoming Bleed Out album

Almost forgot this because, well, not the most memorable of weeks. Anyway, new stuff I've been listening to this week:

Dub War: back in the mid 90s, this lot were popular with crusties, metalheads and me. After a lengthy hiatus, they're back. They're still doing the same angry, politicised rap/metal hybrid. Good fun.
Stick in the Wheel: them and some guests anyway. More of their intriguing modernist take on British folk. Liking this a bit.
Luke Schneider Presents: a compilation of pedal steel guitar pieces. Very relaxing!
Grave Lines: sludgy stoner rock. Pretty decent.
Kokoroko: Afrobeat inspired British jazz. Their full debut after a mini-album or two. Very good!
Mall Grab: a bit housey, a bit ravey, a bit ambient, mostly quite dull.

Album of the week: all of that lot except Mall Grab in a five way tie.

Almost forgot this because, well, not the most memorable of weeks. Anyway, new stuff I've been listening to this week:

Dub War: back in the mid 90s, this lot were popular with crusties, metalheads and me. After a lengthy hiatus, they're back. They're still doing the same angry, politicised rap/metal hybrid. Good fun.
Stick in the Wheel: them and some guests anyway. More of their intriguing modernist take on British folk. Liking this a bit.
Luke Schneider Presents: a compilation of pedal steel guitar pieces. Very relaxing!
Grave Lines: sludgy stoner rock. Pretty decent.
Kokoroko: Afrobeat inspired British jazz. Their full debut after a mini-album or two. Very good!
Mall Grab: a bit housey, a bit ravey, a bit ambient, mostly quite dull.

Album of the week: all of that lot except Mall Grab in a five way tie.
Jenny Moores Mystic Business

There are new albums this week from Boris, Danger Mouse & Black Thought, Danny Elfman, Erasure, Hudson Mohawke, Kiwi Jr., Osees, Pale Waves, Panda Bear & Sonic Boom, Sylvan Esso and Rich Ruth.
Looking forward to sylvan esso. Hopefully they’ll tour this side of the pond soon

Back