New Music Releases Thread

Love that new Iron and wine album, Tallahassee

Not listened to much of their previous stuff, been playing a few of their other albums, really like the vocals, good lyrics and simple arrangements, it’s all rather excellent!

Tallahassee is very early recordings. As you say, pretty much everything they've done has been very good.

I mean, I don’t think it’s the best song she’s ever produced but I think it’s bold. I think it’s different to anything she’s ever done before and it’s really introspective. I don’t think you get many artists who come back with a second record and do something like that.

I thought Rebecca’s debut was excellent though and subsequently saw her live a few times after. Pop music done in her own way with no apologies. I personally think it’s quite special.

Ok, you were right all along - I'm obsessed with this tune now :lol::lol:

This week's crop of new releases includes albums from Blake Shelton, CHAI, Chrissie Hynde (Dylan covers), Colleen, Fly Pan Am, Gary Numan, Georgia Anne Muldrow, Gruff Rhys, Lord Huron, Mdou Moctar, Mickey Dolenz, Nicholas Krgovich, Olivia Rodrigo, Patrick Paige II, Paula Cole, Twenty One Pilots, Trees Speak, Nadja, Billie Marten, Lambchop, David John Morris, Emma Houton, Reigning Sound, Robert Finley, FACS, Conrad Clipper, Caterina Barbieri, Balkan Taksim and Steve Almaas.

This week's crop of new releases includes albums from Blake Shelton, CHAI, Chrissie Hynde (Dylan covers), Colleen, Fly Pan Am, Gary Numan, Georgia Anne Muldrow, Gruff Rhys, Lord Huron, Mdou Moctar, Mickey Dolenz, Nicholas Krgovich, Olivia Rodrigo, Patrick Paige II, Paula Cole, Twenty One Pilots, Trees Speak, Nadja, Billie Marten, Lambchop, David John Morris, Emma Houton, Reigning Sound, Robert Finley, FACS, Conrad Clipper, Caterina Barbieri, Balkan Taksim and Steve Almaas.
Mdou Moctar, Colleen, Fly Pan AM, Gary Numan, Gruff Rhys, Lord Huron, Trees Speak, Lambchop, Robert finley, Conrad Clipper, Caterina Barbieri for me

Apple Music has thrown up a recommendation for the debut solo album by Allison Russell, who I one half of folk/Americana duo Birds of Chicago (who I had never heard of until this morning either)

Enjoying it on first listen, it’s quite poppy, soully, jazzy, gospelly,folky. She’s got a nice old-fashioned kind of voice in places.

Anchorsong is another with a new album (Mirage) release (21/5). His stuff is ambient / electronica if he’s not been mentioned on here previously - presume he has however.

Apple Music has thrown up a recommendation for the debut solo album by Allison Russell, who I one half of folk/Americana duo Birds of Chicago (who I had never heard of until this morning either)

Enjoying it on first listen, it’s quite poppy, soully, jazzy, gospelly,folky. She’s got a nice old-fashioned kind of voice in places.

I quite like Birds of Chicago. Their EP from 3 or 4 years back, American Flowers, is very good.

There's a new Roddy Woomble as well, though I'm not sure I'm interested enough to give it a go.

I'll no doubt break and give it a go, because I have an Idlewild habit, but I really didn't like the single...
To be honest I haven’t been particularly impressed with any of Roddy’s solo stuff apart from My Secret is my Silence. That’s about the same time Idlewild started going downhill as well.

To be honest I haven’t been particularly impressed with any of Roddy’s solo stuff apart from My Secret is my Silence. That’s about the same time Idlewild started going downhill as well.
That's the only one I've got and I like it. The recent single, Architecture in LA, he had a toe-curling way of singing "citaay" like he was using some kind of ironic American accent, which for someone who used to have a Scottish-tinged singing voice doesn't work for me - not my bag

Back