New Music Releases Thread

There are new albums tomorrow from A Day To remember, Alex Bleeker, Arab Strap, Barbarossa, Bernice, Elizabeth and the Catapult, Fruit Bats, Guy Blakeslee, Ian Daniel Kehoe, Ian Sweet, Jane Weaver, Jay Gonzalez, Kings of Leon, Postdata, Teenage Fanclub, Anansy Cisse, Nermin Niazi, Altin Gun and Emily A Sprague.
Will try KoL, Fruit Bats and one or two others I've never heard (pick any from the rest). Anansy Cisse already out, bit neither here nor there in all honesty. Edit: and will try that Grandbrothers if the recommendation above is owt to go by.

and will try that Grandbrothers if the recommendation above is owt to go by.
I quickly listened to the opening track last night and wondered why I’d missed this first time round, think it’s right up my Straße if the rest of the album is in the same vain...

There are new albums tomorrow from A Day To remember, Alex Bleeker, Arab Strap, Barbarossa, Bernice, Elizabeth and the Catapult, Fruit Bats, Guy Blakeslee, Ian Daniel Kehoe, Ian Sweet, Jane Weaver, Jay Gonzalez, Kings of Leon, Postdata, Teenage Fanclub, Anansy Cisse, Nermin Niazi, Altin Gun and Emily A Sprague.

Elizabeth and the catapult: I heard a song by them on the radio this morning. Enjoyed it.

I bought the last three of St Vincent's album but I just can't get away with her. I really want to like it but she leaves me feeling cold. There is just something about her and her last one was poor I thought. More style over substance I think.

One thing about her which sticks in my mind is I can remember reading an interview with her around the time Strange Mercy came out, saying she had just discovered Kate Bush a few months before. Fast forward two years and I saw her on a BBC documentary about Kate Bush bluffing her way through it, saying she can remember going to the record shop when she was 16 and buying her album and falling in love with her music. Which is it Annie?

Last edited:
I bought the last three of St Vincent's album but I just can't get away with her. I really want to like it but she leaves me feeling cold. There is just something about her and her last one was poor I thought. More style over substance I think.

One thing about her which sticks in my mind is I can remember reading an interview with her around the time Strange Mercy came out, saying she had just discovered Kate Bush a few months before. Fast forward two years and I saw her on a BBC documentary about Kate Bush bluffing her way through it, saying she can remember going to the record shop when she was 16 and buying her album and falling in love with her music. Which is it Annie?
have seen her on ' later ' a few times and just don't get it, style over substance fits her to a tee. If she was in pennywell clerb she'd get booed off.

I quickly listened to the opening track last night and wondered why I’d missed this first time round, think it’s right up my Straße if the rest of the album is in the same vain...
It's an excellent album, perfect for walking/working to, will be on again shortly. .......And getting back to Steven Wilson, I'm really enjoying getting into Porcupine Tree..................

The new Pete Yorn covers album which was Bandcamp only for a month has now dropped on the usual streaming services.

I’m a bit fed up of lockdown covers albums (Molly Tuttle’s is the only one I’ve really enjoyed) but I’ll give this a go now it’s free to stream.

Back