New Music Releases Thread

Aye, Le Saux was famously a Guardian reader and got the piss taken because of it. As others mention, Nevin wasn't your stereotypical footballer. There's an article about his record collection here:

Pat Nevin talks us though his record collection

Shared a flat with NME writer Adrian Thrills, counted John Peel as a mate and used to make mixtapes for Le Saux.

There's an article here about some other players/former players whose music taste doesn't conform to the expected stereotype:

Footballers with surprisingly good taste in music

Xabi Alonso :cool: :cool: :cool:

New India Jordan, Japanese Breakfast and Erika de Casier all this afternoon. Nature is healing :lol:

Nevin was on Steve Lamacq on 6music a few months ago talking about a book he has out. He was saying that when he was at Everton, he was surprised to find midfield hardman Barry Horne to be an even bigger indie music nut than him!

Nevin was on Steve Lamacq on 6music a few months ago talking about a book he has out. He was saying that when he was at Everton, he was surprised to find midfield hardman Barry Horne to be an even bigger indie music nut than him!
Barry Horne was a fan of The Pogues. A pal of mine at Brum Poly was a Wrexham fan who went to see them play an away European tie in Spain (possibly Real Sociedad) when Horne played there around 1986 ish. My pal ended up in the same nightclub as the Wrexham players after the match and was chatting to Horne about their mutual admiration for The Pogues.

Could be wrong but got a feeling Horne has a maths degree.
Noticed Rob Green not mentioned, i'm sure big music fan, goes to glasto etc( if that qualifies )

Last edited:
Aye, Le Saux was famously a Guardian reader and got the piss taken because of it. As others mention, Nevin wasn't your stereotypical footballer. There's an article about his record collection here:

Pat Nevin talks us though his record collection

Shared a flat with NME writer Adrian Thrills, counted John Peel as a mate and used to make mixtapes for Le Saux.

There's an article here about some other players/former players whose music taste doesn't conform to the expected stereotype:

Footballers with surprisingly good taste in music
Good reads. Mendieta and Alonso! :D

@Arkle I’m also enjoy Martha’s Vineyard Ferries
Listened to it yesterday, on account of it being given the Arkle Sparkle (TM), and we're going to buy it - liked it very much.
album out Friday
They're not my cuppa, but it will apparently be the first album to be released as a form of cryptocurrency, an NFT (non-fungible token) that contains original artwork, music, ticket options, etc

Last edited:
There are new albums tomorrow from A Day To remember, Alex Bleeker, Arab Strap, Barbarossa, Bernice, Elizabeth and the Catapult, Fruit Bats, Guy Blakeslee, Ian Daniel Kehoe, Ian Sweet, Jane Weaver, Jay Gonzalez, Kings of Leon, Postdata, Teenage Fanclub, Anansy Cisse, Nermin Niazi, Altin Gun and Emily A Sprague.
Altin Gun was out last week ;)

It’s back to the 90s day with Arab Strap and Teenage Fanclub. Also Alex Bleeker, Jane Weaver and Emily A Sprague

There are new albums tomorrow from A Day To remember, Alex Bleeker, Arab Strap, Barbarossa, Bernice, Elizabeth and the Catapult, Fruit Bats, Guy Blakeslee, Ian Daniel Kehoe, Ian Sweet, Jane Weaver, Jay Gonzalez, Kings of Leon, Postdata, Teenage Fanclub, Anansy Cisse, Nermin Niazi, Altin Gun and Emily A Sprague.
I think I only know ADTR, Arab Strap, KoL and Teenage Fanclub from that list - 2 of them I definitely won’t bother with and the other 2 are more of a “I’ll check it if I have time” rather than a “must listen”. Any recommendations?

Back