New Music Releases Thread

Oddly enough, the NOFX album is listed on metacritic for next week.

How many albums are the Gizz going to release this year? L.W. next week then it looks like Live in London 2019 in April.
Maybe whatever had happened that meant the Fat releases were being omitted from Metacritic for a while has been rectified (although NUFAN wasn’t listed last week).

Gizzard can release as much as they want as long as the standard doesn’t drop. I have a friend-of-a-friend who has been doing a thing where he listens to one artist a day for the whole day whilst he’s been working from home and has been getting recommendations from his Facebook friends. Both myself and my other Gizz-head friend have told him he might need to set aside 2 or 3 days when he gets to the Gizz!

Maybe whatever had happened that meant the Fat releases were being omitted from Metacritic for a while has been rectified (although NUFAN wasn’t listed last week).

Gizzard can release as much as they want as long as the standard doesn’t drop. I have a friend-of-a-friend who has been doing a thing where he listens to one artist a day for the whole day whilst he’s been working from home and has been getting recommendations from his Facebook friends. Both myself and my other Gizz-head friend have told him he might need to set aside 2 or 3 days when he gets to the Gizz!

There's a lot to get through with them. I'd concentrate on the studio albums over live though.

New releases this week from Ghetts, Julia Stone (according to metacritic, although Amazon reckon March 26th), Mogwai. SG Lewis, The Fall (a live album from 1981), The Hold Steady, Wild Pink, Lael Neale, Chuck Johnson, Cassandra Jenkins and Tindersticks.

Low in numbers but high quality for me.
Knee deep in Mogwai at the moment. Will give Fall, Tindersticks, and Hold Steady a no doubt.
£15 for the Mogwai stream. But they sound absolutely class
Glad they've made it available - will be giving that a watch over the next few days

Last edited:
Yellow vinyl copy of Mogwai just arrived
Very nice. My delivery has been put all the way back to April 9 - manufacturing plant has run out of red compound ffs :evil: :lol: At least the download arrived today!
Never realised they did the soundtrack & all the music in Zerozerozero.
They had the album as a "pay what you want" last year on Bandcamp - might still have it up

Last edited:
Billy Childish new moniker, The William Loveday Intention put out a new record yesterday. Think he’s releasing 4 in a month of something.

It’s his usual mix of punk / blues / folk and it’s very good indeed.

Back