New Music Releases Thread

I really couldn’t get into Dry Cleaning, lovely music but the vocals just made me cringe :lol:

That’s fair. Seen them live once or twice and didn’t think all that much of it tbh. One was opening at Moth Club at like 7.30 in a 90% empty room mind so harder to judge. Like the records so far though.

Have a listen to Sinead O’Brien if you like Dry Cleaning, just not the vocals ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

That's an interesting call. I like them a lot (also agree on some of the more recent stuff - the early stuff is excellent but I thought No Blues was a belter, too, and Sick Scenes has its moments). Maybe goes in with what Chunks said about seeing a band like that live - I thought they were great live, and probably better than on record. (We Twilight Sad at the same venue a couple of weeks later and someone behind us said to their friend "I liked it, but I kept thinking I wish Los Campesinos would come on" :D )

Yeah I think No Blues is my favourite. I have a book about them which is them recounting Romance Is Boring and gives a great overview and history of the band. Think it just really struck me how important it is to watch them live and bring that energy.

That’s it, gonna have a Los Campesinos! evening. Will need to involve booze, dancing and lists

Well my work here is done. Happy with my achievement here.

Yeah I think No Blues is my favourite. I have a book about them which is them recounting Romance Is Boring and gives a great overview and history of the band. Think it just really struck me how important it is to watch them live and bring that energy.

I cherished with fondness the day before I met you

I think it also helped that when I got into them there weren't another 10 bands doing a similar "thing" - they had their own sound and that's why I liked them. That's where I'm finding the current fatigue - maybe I wouldn't have liked them as much in the current climate
It’s a really acquired taste, but the new album from Detlef Weinrich is great. Trippy as f**k, German avant garde electronica ideal for this time of year !
Unlinked, but news coming out the past few hours over here about Bruce getting arrested for drunk driving :neutral:

Last edited:
Unlinked, but news coming out the past few hours over here about Bruce getting arrested for drunk driving :neutral:

I read that today mate. The news broke the day after he did his first paid advert for car manufacturer jeep !!
Great timing !

I saw on Twitter people kicking off saying that it should be illegal for Bruce to be arrested in Jersey 😂

I read that today mate. The news broke the day after he did his first paid advert for car manufacturer jeep !!
Great timing !

I saw on Twitter people kicking off saying that it should be illegal for Bruce to be arrested in Jersey 😂
The missus just said the same - "are the police allowed to do that?" It's a bit disappointing. I guess we'll see as more comes out.

He's well known in these parts for liking a loosener or two and his roadside...ahem...tittie bars

Decent little Bandcamp piece about the Bristol post-punk scene. A couple I knew and several I hadn't heard. Some are aforementioned talkers and a few not. If you play the first track it works as a continuous playlist.

Don’t have a ticket yet, but pretty likely
Nice. I'm bummed about it - and they hadn't sorted a way of doing the bundle deals for people who'd already preordered. Also not a good Mogwai day in that they announced the preorder of the vinyl was getting pushed back to April ffs

Last edited:
Anyone got any recommendations for interesting music docs? Either a series or just a one off individual doc, not fussed.

Been burning through quite a lot over the last couple of weeks through boredom. Watched one last night called The Making of Motown which was a gem, caught me a bit by surprise.

Anyone got any recommendations for interesting music docs? Either a series or just a one off individual doc, not fussed.

Been burning through quite a lot over the last couple of weeks through boredom. Watched one last night called The Making of Motown which was a gem, caught me a bit by surprise.

King Rocker, Stewart Lee's documentary about Robert Lloyd, of The Nightingales and The Prefects. It's most excellent.

Any to do with Norwegian black metal are usually interesting. I remember a Vice one that I saw years ago, some mental stories.

Last edited:

Searching for Sugar Man (2012)
Two South Africans set out to discover what happened to their unlikely musical hero, the mysterious 1970s rock n roller, Rodriguez.

King Rocker, Stewart Lee's documentary about Robert Lloyd, of The Nightingales and The Prefects. It's most excellent.
Might have to look that one up myself. Got the Prefects compilation album that came out last year - thanks for the recommendation

A couple of multi-parters - The 7 Ages of Rock (think it was a British show, BBC?) and Punk from a couple of years ago - think it was a 4-parter (John Varvatos). Future Is Unwritten (Clash). Loud Quiet Loud (Pixies)

Couple of good Scottish ones about the indie scene up there - Big Gold Dreams (the early stuff - post card recs, fast product etc) and Teenage Superstars (the later 80s/90s scene Teenage Fanclub, Soup Dragons, Vaselines)

The missus says there's one about the last indie record store on Teesside :eek: Not seen it

One about vinyl obsessives - we think it's called something like I Need That Record

Last edited:

Back