New Music Releases Thread

As often happens on the final Friday of the month, there's a bumper crop of new albums tomorrow. Releases from Alice Cooper, Architects, Blanck Mass, Cloud Nothings, Julien Baker, Kyle Edward Connolly, Lost Horizons, Lydia Luce, Maximo Park, Melvins, Neil Young & Crazy Horse (an archival live album, I think), NOFX, Willie Nelson (Sinatra covers), Karima Walker, A Winged Victory For The Sullen, Francois & the Atlas Mountains, Brijean, Richard Barbieri, Jimmy Edgar, Cheval Sombre, Mouse On Mars, Mapstation, Xixa and The Martha's Vineyard Ferries.
Julien Baker by miles. And then Blanck Mass and I’m bound to listen to Neil Young.

Any particular suggestions?

edit: I just saw AWVFTS, definitely that

As often happens on the final Friday of the month, there's a bumper crop of new albums tomorrow. Releases from Alice Cooper, Architects, Blanck Mass, Cloud Nothings, Julien Baker, Kyle Edward Connolly, Lost Horizons, Lydia Luce, Maximo Park, Melvins, Neil Young & Crazy Horse (an archival live album, I think), NOFX, Willie Nelson (Sinatra covers), Karima Walker, A Winged Victory For The Sullen, Francois & the Atlas Mountains, Brijean, Richard Barbieri, Jimmy Edgar, Cheval Sombre, Mouse On Mars, Mapstation, Xixa and The Martha's Vineyard Ferries.
wot a name, deserves to be a good album for that alone

You’ve missed King Gizzard from your list
Logon or register to see this image

Gizzard and NOFX for me. Excited about both (even if NOFX haven’t done a consistently good album in 15 years).

Yeah. It's not on metacritic (unlike NOFX) and there's no physical release, as far as I can see, so it didn't get on to my Amazon list.
NOFX is a funny one - Fat Wreck Chords don’t have an album listed on Metacritic for at least 3 or 4 years (even the No Use For a Name release a fortnight ago), and the. Suddenly the label’s owner’s band has a record out and it’s suddenly listed.

Anyone else vaguely hopeful the second half of the year may be a cracker for albums given no one has toured/done anything else for a year?

If so, who do you (realistically) want? I’d love a new Radiohead/Thom record, Nick Cave (in progress apparently), Parquet Courts, Low, Joanna Newsom and GY!BE
Nick Cave out 28th May. Link below features a few of the songs.

Nick Cave out 28th May. Link below features a few of the songs.

Actually it is out on streaming sites now @chunkylover53

That new Horrors track is lifting.
Isn't it just?! I put it on a playlist earlier and when it came on, I was thinking WTF if this? Sounded like some sort of metal track.

Actually it is out on streaming sites now @chunkylover53

Isn't it just?! I put it on a playlist earlier and when it came on, I was thinking WTF if this? Sounded like some sort of metal track.

Yep definitely. Their last album they were going down the industrial route. I don’t think it worked for them then bar the odd track. This is like a Marilyn Manson reject though, awful.

Anyone else vaguely hopeful the second half of the year may be a cracker for albums given no one has toured/done anything else for a year?

If so, who do you (realistically) want? I’d love a new Radiohead/Thom record, Nick Cave (in progress apparently), Parquet Courts, Low, Joanna Newsom and GY!BE
Anything that is better than the dross that has been served up so far this year.
Good to see auld Vincent Furnier still producing the goods with a new album.
Got an autographed copy of 'Welcome to my Nightmare'. Won it in a Daily Express competition when it came out. 2nd prize. First prize was backstage pass to see him perform at Wembley (iirc) on the WTMN tour. 75/76?
Good to see auld Vincent Furnier still producing the goods with a new album.
Got an autographed copy of 'Welcome to my Nightmare'. Won it in a Daily Express competition when it came out. 2nd prize. First prize was backstage pass to see him perform at Wembley (iirc) on the WTMN tour. 75/76?
New Wolf Alice single arrived yesterday. Gone stadium rock. 3rd album out 11 June.

That's better. and wad.

Last edited:

Back