New Music Releases Thread

Listening to the new Depeche Mode one streaming on iTunes.
Reminds me of 'Some Great Reward' in places, which is good.
That 'mid-paced' lead single sounds nowt like the rest of the album.

Been listening to 'Peace - In love' a lot this week.

It's out Monday but has been streamed here for anyone who's interested.
http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?b...itter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=newsweek
I pre-ordered the record the other week, got an email yesterday saying the lorry driver has crashed so I won't be getting my record on time. :lol::-( I'm cursed with pre-orders, the last one I ordered (Payola - The Cribs) got its released delayed by two weeks as well.

They're playing The Cluny next month.

Don't know what to think of these, it seems they can't quite put their finger on the type of band they wanna be, resulting in an album thats a bit hashed together and average.
They're nowt brilliant but they're enjoyable & very good live. Not surprised if the album is a bit rushed, they've gone from a nothing band to NME cover stars within a year.

They all look like tools to be fair. I cant work out if one of them's a girl or not and they all need some herbal essences. Still a canny band like.

Eceletic warrior-Ian Mcnabb was sent the download yesterday via pledgemusic cd is getting posted next week, absolutely fantastic album mcnabb really rocks out on this one i honestly do think this guy is the most underestimated artist out there great writer singer and guitarist.

Eceletic warrior-Ian Mcnabb was sent the download yesterday via pledgemusic cd is getting posted next week, absolutely fantastic album mcnabb really rocks out on this one i honestly do think this guy is the most underestimated artist out there great writer singer and guitarist.

Was`nt too keen on his last effort,but this new one sounds much more up my street looking forward to it.I must be way past it now as all my favourite albums this year have been from people who`ve been round the block a fair bit...Richard Thompson,David Bowie,Robyn Hitchcock and to add to the list I just listened to the new Edwyn Collins album this morning on the stream below...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2013/mar/18/edwyn-collins-understated-stream

Not immediately new but that Foxygen album is really enjoyable, very 60/70's, reminds me of The Velvet Underground at times, worth a listen.

Just picked this up. It's a tremendous album! Reminds me of all sorts of stuff...

Other new albums to me:

New Suede album does what it says on the tin.
John Fullbright's album is very good country rock stuff. He seems to be getting a fair amount of press.
Devendra Banhart's album is the usual mix of folk, Latin tinged stuff and surrealness. Better than the glam tinged songs on What Will We Be.

Back