New Music Releases Thread

Caved and bought atoms for peace (how shit is hmv inside, no wonder it's on it's last legs), and first impressions are that it's very good indeed

Also bought the new Mogwai, had no idea it was out. But not listened to that yet

Didn't know that was out either - soundtrack, isn't it?

As for some of the other stuff in the thread, the Nick Cave album is his best in years, Atoms for Peace growing on me, looking forward to getting the John Grant album a lot, seeing him in May.

Other stuff not mentioned in this thread, or not since post 90...

Keaton Henson's newie, good I think. Got the deluxe version with 3 extra songs.

Dawn McCarthy and Bonnie "Prince" Billie's duets album, "What the Brothers Sang", very good and surprisingly upbeat and jaunty.

Didn't know that was out either - soundtrack, isn't it?

As for some of the other stuff in the thread, the Nick Cave album is his best in years, Atoms for Peace growing on me, looking forward to getting the John Grant album a lot, seeing him in May.

Other stuff not mentioned in this thread, or not since post 90...

Keaton Henson's newie, good I think. Got the deluxe version with 3 extra songs.

Dawn McCarthy and Bonnie "Prince" Billie's duets album, "What the Brothers Sang", very good and surprisingly upbeat and jaunty.

It is. It's "ok" so far

I love atoms for peace. More impressed than I thought I would be

The Asphodells - Ruled By Passion, Destroyed By Lust

Dear Andrew Weatherall,

Please be consistently as good as this forever more... best album he's been central to since well probably one of the Sabres of Paradise albums.

Second best album of the year so far!

Previously tipped by The Abacus Post (who've just had a site revamp you should check out), Deptford Goth are streaming his/their album over on Pitchfork.

http://p4k.in/XKt1ya

Deptford Goth album is quality and cheers for the bump James ;)

I'm not mega involved with it at the minute owing to other writing commitments but we are running a pretty good feature for the next two weeks called New Sounds, North East. Twice daily we're featuring a new emerging act from our region so it's worth a look for those of you who attend gigs in the region but don't tend to bother with the supports. You're missing out :lol:

Not immediately new but that Foxygen album is really enjoyable, very 60/70's, reminds me of The Velvet Underground at times, worth a listen.

No Destruction & San Francisco are stand-out tracks after a couple of spins.

The new albums by Camper Van Beethoven and The Men are very good. New Suuns is excellent as well and John Grant's album is a gem but they've been mentioned elsewhere on the SMB.

:eek:

Haven't heard of them in years, didn't realise they were still going! What was their big song? Let's take the Nazi's bowling?

edit: Take the Skinheads Bowling!

Back